Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

"Your Current Immigration Status or Category (for example, B-2 visitor, F-1 student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category)"

 

So the immigration status at last arrival was B-1 visitor but since then, my spouse has overstayed her visa (her 5-year tourist visa is still valid till 2021). Would the answer still be "B-1 visitor" or "no status"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, chiks24 said:

"Your Current Immigration Status or Category (for example, B-2 visitor, F-1 student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category)"

 

So the immigration status at last arrival was B-1 visitor but since then, my spouse has overstayed her visa (her 5-year tourist visa is still valid till 2021). Would the answer still be "B-1 visitor" or "no status"?

 

status that was granted upon entry.  


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you entered without inspection ("EWI") then you write "no status", otherwise your current status is your entry status unless you previously filed an i-539 changing your status to another category. 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

If you entered without inspection ("EWI") then you write "no status", otherwise your current status is your entry status unless you previously filed an i-539 changing your status to another category. 

Those that overstay past I-94 date are also "no status." INA is explicitly clear. OP stated she overstayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HRQX said:

Those that overstay past I-94 date are also "no status." INA is explicitly clear. OP stated she overstayed.

That is where my confusion comes in. Her tourist visa is valid till next year but technically, she has been here longer than 6 months so she has overstayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...