Ngyeu78

I-751 with SSN (didnt know A-number)

5 posts in this topic

I submitted my I-751 recently with only SSN. I didn't find the A-number until a week after I mailed it. On the form I marked it as N/A. Will this be an issue? Is it possible to supplement this information? What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

Your A# is on your green card, did you send a copy of that? They May reject it for being incomplete but they will have it. Just wait and see. I wouldn't send it as an officer does not have your file yet to update it and also they have the information on your green card. See what happens. Did they cash your check yet?

Just now, Bob in Boston said:

Your A# is on your green card, did you send a copy of that? They May reject it for being incomplete but they will have it. Just wait and see. I wouldn't send it as an officer does not have your file yet to update it and also they have the information on your green card. See what happens. Did they cash your check yet?

I did submit a copy of the green card. They have not taken the money from the credit card yet. 

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

The A # is on the front of the card without the A. Called the USCIS #. all you can do is wait now and see if they accept your form. keep watching your credit card for a trans action. Your a few days in front of me as mine got there the first. Keep your fingers crossed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I completed the K-1 petition for my fiance in 2018, I put N/A as my alien number.  I sent in my naturalization certificate as proof of US citizenship (I was naturalized at age 9).  USCIS hand-crossed out the "N/A" and filled in the alien number from my naturalization certificate.  

I believe they will do the same thing in your case.  But there is a chance they will send the application back.  Just wait as normal.  It may get rejected, or you may get an RFE, or it may get approved regardless.  Not much to do before that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.