6 posts in this topic

Lots of confusion on whether they are requiring the skin test in all cases now.

Some people get RFE and some don't.

Anyone know the scoop? Or is it hit or miss like most things.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I had it.

I think you can do it at your County's Health Department.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/updates.htm

Updates on the Medical Examination of Aliens (Refugees and Immigrants)

Update: Required Evaluation by Civil Surgeons for Tuberculosis (TB)

Posted March 9, 2007

Tuberculin skin test (TST) is required for all applicants 2 years of age or older.

The Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States, June 1991 provided by the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) state that all applicants 2 years of age or older are required to have a tuberculin skin test (TST) to determine whether the applicant is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB). For applicants with a skin test reaction of 5 mm or greater, a chest radiograph is required.

Please read the link above. But please be aware also that Filipinos/and those they considered belonging to 3rd World Countries (having had BCG vaccines and exposure to PTB) will "mostly" turn out to have "positive" results. This does not mean you are positive for the active TB but may be because of your vaccine and prior exposure to TB. And being "positive", they will request another CXR on you to check if you have the active disease. For this, it is better to have a copy of your previous CXR results and CXR plates for comparisons with their examinations.

Edited by vsmtghdy

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I had my TB vaccination done when i was 3 months old because my dad's sister was in contact with someone that had TB. I had the TB skin test done when i was 13 at high school and didnt require to be vaccinated again. So, all in all, due to the TB requirements for aliens and new immigrants even tho i had the TB vaccination done as a baby do i need to have it done again or at least the skin test re-done?? :no: i hope not coz even though i'm not scared of needles, i'm fed up gettin shots done :lol: wish i had a common blood type like even else LMAO

Separated!!

Looks like those x ray films you went thru all the hassle of bringing with you that you hung on the wall in the garage may come into play.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.