Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, i have a question please help. ROC extension letter came on 8/11/2020 since then nothing happening still waiting for Biometrics. I came here as LPR spouse of a US Citizen . I have  submitted my ROC application on 7/23/20  ,  do still they can use my old finger prints on my file? and i have to travel in couple of months also, i am worried to travel on Extension letter , do i need I-551 Stamp to travel and come back?. my service center is MSC. All help will be appreciated...take care bye.

Hi,

It is up to USCIS whether to reuse your old prints. If you were printer in the states you have a good chance of getting them waived but only they will make that decision. MSC is a little slow too. You can travel on the extension letter. Right now 551 stamps are only done for emergencies and travel is not one of them as you have a letter. Hope you hear about your Biometrics soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, Queen30 said:

Hey Guys Hope All Is Well : Update SRC Center . Didn’t get any text or email thou . Just randomly checking my account. 42411F34-E001-4BFC-AD8A-7901D5CAED91.thumb.jpeg.2d8abaec31ffe0aa978eac905d5e82c0.jpeg

How do you check without a receipt number / NOA

58 minutes ago, Pasa said:

How do you check without a receipt number / NOA

you need them first then you can check your receipt number online. you should be getting yours any day now

Edited by Bob in Boston

18 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

Hi, i have a question please help. ROC extension letter came on 8/11/2020 since then nothing happening still waiting for Biometrics. I came here as LPR spouse of a US Citizen . I have  submitted my ROC application on 7/23/20  ,  do still they can use my old finger prints on my file? and i have to travel in couple of months also, i am worried to travel on Extension letter , do i need I-551 Stamp to travel and come back?. my service center is MSC. All help will be appreciated...take care bye.

From what I’ve seen on the Facebook group people have said because of COVID-19 most service centers have a backlog of 3 months for biometrics appointment. So hopefully you get your biometrics letter soon. It seems if you did your fingerprints outside the US you’ll most likely have to get them done again here in the US. I’m also at MSC and I only filed mine sep 11 so I have a long time to wait it seems.  You’ll be fine traveling with your extension letter and expired or soon to be expired green card a lot of people have done it and didn’t have a problem. You can only get the I-551 stamp if both of the GC and extension letter expired and you still waiting for approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 6:42 PM, seahorsey said:

Officially a September Filer... just sent out my packet today.

Packet included:

1. Form G-1145,  e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance.
2. Personal Check for $680 ($595 Filing Fee + $85 Biometric Services Fee) made out to U.S. Department of 

Homeland Security.

3. Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
4. Initial Evidence for Form I-751:
i.  Copy of the permanent resident card.
ii. Joint Federal and State tax transcripts for 2017, 2018 and 2019.

iii. Joint Residential Leases since January 1st, 2017 - September 30th, 2020.

iv. New Joint Residential Lease starting October 1st, 2020.

v. Joint Renters Insurance Policy showing both our names.

vi. Copy of Driver’s License of both Petitioner and Spouse showing the same old address.

vii. Copy of several USPS Informed Delivery Digest emails showing letters being sent to

us at the same current address.
viii. Proof of joint car ownership, financing, and auto insurance cards with both our names.

ix. Joint Private Health Insurance confirmation through Kaiser Permanente from 2018.
x. Health Insurance through Petitioner’s Employer showing Spouse as dependent (12/01/2018-current).

xi. Proof of Life Insurance, and AD&D Insurance showing spouse as beneficiary (statement from workplace 

benefits representative).

xii. Proof of Spouse listed as beneficiary on Petitioner’s 401K account.

xiii. Proof of Joint Credit Card (bank letter from JPM Chase.), copy of our credit cards showing the same 

account number, and statements of the account since April, 2020.
xiv. Air tickets & hotel reservation confirmations showing proof of last trip/holidays enjoyed together in Paris.

xv. Our photos including photos with family and friends (includes short descriptions/identification 

of people in the photographs, and approximate date).
xvi. Joint phone bills on a family plan since February 2020, with activity, showing Petitioner, Spouse

and Spouse’s sister’s phone numbers. 

how many weeks before u call the USCIS? i sent my packet last sept 24 and they delivered it to Phoneix AZ last sept 28 and until now i did not received any extension letter i did money order so i dont know if they cash my check

3 minutes ago, Emmz said:

how many weeks before u call the USCIS? i sent my packet last sept 24 and they delivered it to Phoneix AZ last sept 28 and until now i did not received any extension letter i did money order so i dont know if they cash my check

usually a week from when its received to get a text if you sent the G1145. then a week or so later to get your letter. did you send the G1145 ?

10 minutes ago, Emmz said:

I was going to send money order, but didn't because this news release kind of scared me : https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-updates-fee-payment-system-used-in-field-offices

My package was received on Sept 24th, just called USCIS on Oct 2nd, check was cashed on the 1st.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

usually a week from when its received to get a text if you sent the G1145. then a week or so later to get your letter. did you send the G1145 ?

yes i did. but i havent received any letter nor text from USCIS do i need to call them? i submitted it sept 24 and in my travking number at usps it was delivered in Phoeniz Az P.O box last sept 28 

I need some advise on this.

I sent out my I-751 application on 11th, it reached lockbox on 14th. And then no radio signals after that. Complete silence. I have called up USCIS every single day for the past one week and they dont have it in their system. I was told it should take 3 weeks for it to come back and I checked my mail today, nothing has been returned.

What should I do ? Redo the whole package again and sent it or wait for more time. If it helps, I used a fee waiver but would it delay a receipt on that by 3 weeks ? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, seahorsey said:

I was going to send money order, but didn't because this news release kind of scared me : https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-fees/uscis-updates-fee-payment-system-used-in-field-offices

My package was received on Sept 24th, just called USCIS on Oct 2nd, check was cashed on the 1st.

wow i never saw that i based my payment in i751 form instruction

22 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

Hi,

It is up to USCIS whether to reuse your old prints. If you were printer in the states you have a good chance of getting them waived but only they will make that decision. MSC is a little slow too. You can travel on the extension letter. Right now 551 stamps are only done for emergencies and travel is not one of them as you have a letter. Hope you hear about your Biometrics soon.

Thank you Bob. appreciated and be safe, bye.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, seahorsey said:

Oh wow . 1st time seeing updates on fee payments. Thank God they cashed my money order 😓 . Package received Sept 3rd. Money order cashed Sept 10th . 

7 hours ago, YazminJ said:

From what I’ve seen on the Facebook group people have said because of COVID-19 most service centers have a backlog of 3 months for biometrics appointment. So hopefully you get your biometrics letter soon. It seems if you did your fingerprints outside the US you’ll most likely have to get them done again here in the US. I’m also at MSC and I only filed mine sep 11 so I have a long time to wait it seems.  You’ll be fine traveling with your extension letter and expired or soon to be expired green card a lot of people have done it and didn’t have a problem. You can only get the I-551 stamp if both of the GC and extension letter expired and you still waiting for approval. 

Thank you Yaszmin.

2 minutes ago, SarahDonaire said:

Hi there! 
We got our I-797 today. My husband (green card holder) is listed as the petitioner and beneficiary. Is that normal? 

yes he is both, your just the spouse😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.