Kedar

I-751 September 2020 Filers

1,310 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bob in Boston said:

Why that spread sheet is good to compare how long things are taking. I suspect the other EAC members will see similar results.

Yes yes certainly. I hope so as well 😊

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Received a text today about my hubby case update. When I checked case status it says case transfered to new office. See below 

20200923_141601.jpg

28 minutes ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

Received a text today about my hubby case update. When I checked case status it says case transfered to new office. See below 

doesn't say which one? 

2 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

I got my letter, Biometrics have been Waived, using the old prints..... Glad we don't have to miss work.

Letter was dated on the 15th so it was 11 days after the date of the NOA date which was 9/4/2020 for all you EAC Receipt holders. Be interesting to see what the other service centers will do.

Hi @Bob in Boston would you know if they took the Biometrics from the your spouse when they applied for the CR1 visa at their original country ? I had my biometrics taken during my previous I-751 (which was denied later), so I am assuming if they would have that and wouldnt require me to go for another one. 

USCIS Account

Does anyone know if I need a receipt number to create USCIS account ? Does having USCIS account help with getting updates faster than waiting for a mail.

Edited by Alexmat1
sd

11 minutes ago, Alexmat1 said:

Hi @Bob in Boston would you know if they took the Biometrics from the your spouse when they applied for the CR1 visa at their original country ? I had my biometrics taken during my previous I-751 (which was denied later), so I am assuming if they would have that and wouldnt require me to go for another one. 

USCIS Account

Does anyone know if I need a receipt number to create USCIS account ? Does having USCIS account help with getting updates faster than waiting for a mail.

No you don't need to have a receipt number to create USCIS account. But you do need it in order to add it into your account.

Personally I use an app that can track the case so it is way easier than opening the website everytime.

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied

33 minutes ago, Alexmat1 said:

taken during my previous I-751 (which was denied later),

I don't know why you were denied but they might want to take a closer look at you and not want to waive you. My wife had her Biometrics done at the adjustment of status  so that is why they are not making her do it again. 
Your online account only has information you provide. If you don't have case numbers they wont have any info on you. you can put your old cases in there but that's it.

5 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

I don't know why you were denied but they might want to take a closer look at you and not want to waive you. My wife had her Biometrics done at the adjustment of status  so that is why they are not making her do it again. 
Your online account only has information you provide. If you don't have case numbers they wont have any info on you. you can put your old cases in there but that's it.

@Bob in Boston by case number I assume you meant Receipt number ? For which I guess I have to wait for the I-797 to arrive.

1 minute ago, Alexmat1 said:

by case number I assume you meant Receipt number ? For which I guess I have to wait for the I-797 to arrive

correct, or the text if you signed up for them

Hi all! I'm an NOA1 Sep 11. Received my letter & extension on Sep 21. Hoping I miss out on Biometrics as they took them for my AOS🙂
K1 - May 2018
AOS - Nov 2018

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Bob in Boston said:

I got my letter, Biometrics have been Waived, using the old prints..... Glad we don't have to miss work.

Letter was dated on the 15th so it was 11 days after the date of the NOA date which was 9/4/2020 for all you EAC Receipt holders. Be interesting to see what the other service centers will do.

Thats great news Bob. Interested to know if you will get back the biometrics fee seeing as its been waived or will they keep it? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hey Guys ! 
Do you guys think USCIS will use my old biometric again?  Due to , back in August 2018 I applied for EAD/AP Re-Newal they used my previous biometrics ( 9/17) for that but later in November 2018 of that year I got my GC. 

- How many times do you think  a previous  biometric can be used? 

3 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

Hey Guys ! 
Do you guys think USCIS will use my old biometric again?  Due to , back in August 2018 I applied for EAD/AP Re-Newal they used my previous biometrics ( 9/17) for that but later in November 2018 of that year I got my GC. 

- How many times do you think  a previous  biometric can be used? 

I think it really depends. I feel they just do this because of the pandemic. Otherwise, i am pretty sure they would ask everybody to provide biometrics again.

And technically, if they want I think they can always use the same fingerprints as your fingerprints don't really change

1 hour ago, ttjewell said:

Thats great news Bob. Interested to know if you will get back the biometrics fee seeing as its been waived or will they keep it? 

Says right in the letter No Refunds lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.