3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I already did my research but I wanted to be doubly sure about this. I got my extended green card which is valid till January 31 of next year. My question is, do I have to do anything in order to renew the conditional green card? Or will USCIS make the decision on my case before my extension expires? Please let me know.

Also, I had recently got a mail from USCIS saying that they have completed a preliminary review of the application and that they are transferring my case to National Benefits Center. And I happen to recently check USCIS's website about the case status and it updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". What do you think about the above updates in the case? I guess I'm just a little anxious since I'm approaching the expiry date on my green card soon, but I wanted your input.

Lastly, does anyone know how long does it take for the USCIS to set an interview? My service center is Nebraska Service center or at least that's where their last mail came from.

Thank you so much everyone, for taking time and replying to my questions. I really appreciate any and all help offered to me! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 hours ago, k1visaapproved said:

Hello Everyone,

I already did my research but I wanted to be doubly sure about this. I got my extended green card which is valid till January 31 of next year. My question is, do I have to do anything in order to renew the conditional green card? Or will USCIS make the decision on my case before my extension expires? Please let me know.

Also, I had recently got a mail from USCIS saying that they have completed a preliminary review of the application and that they are transferring my case to National Benefits Center. And I happen to recently check USCIS's website about the case status and it updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". What do you think about the above updates in the case? I guess I'm just a little anxious since I'm approaching the expiry date on my green card soon, but I wanted your input.

Lastly, does anyone know how long does it take for the USCIS to set an interview? My service center is Nebraska Service center or at least that's where their last mail came from.

Thank you so much everyone, for taking time and replying to my questions. I really appreciate any and all help offered to me! :)

You don’t have to do anything else, just wait for your interview to be scheduled. 

Your extension letter might expire before your case is approved. In that case, and if you need proof of status (to travel, for work etc.), you can call USCIS to schedule an infopass appointment so that they can stamp your passport.

No idea how long it will take for your interview to be scheduled, it depends on your local office and is not really predictable anymore with Covid. The Nebraska Service center has no impact on your case now that it’s at the National Benefits Center (which is just a hub to prepare cases for interviews).

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, peachouille said:

You don’t have to do anything else, just wait for your interview to be scheduled. 

Your extension letter might expire before your case is approved. In that case, and if you need proof of status (to travel, for work etc.), you can call USCIS to schedule an infopass appointment so that they can stamp your passport.

No idea how long it will take for your interview to be scheduled, it depends on your local office and is not really predictable anymore with Covid. The Nebraska Service center has no impact on your case now that it’s at the National Benefits Center (which is just a hub to prepare cases for interviews).

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for answering all my questions. This reeeeally helps!! 😃

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.