49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Cameroon
Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, Sfb86 said:

I got the approval notice today stating that they have approved and sent it to NVC. They may take up to 45 days to send it to counslar... 

Does anyone know what is the next step? 
With EO ban, where does the case sit? NVC or consular? 

This is great news. Once the NVC received they will create a case number.

Timeline
On 10/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, Sfb86 said:

I got the approval notice today stating that they have approved and sent it to NVC. They may take up to 45 days to send it to counslar... 

Does anyone know what is the next step? 
With EO ban, where does the case sit? NVC or consular? 

I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer today as i got an alert stating that my case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. I still called and he confirmed me that it was approved and sent to NVC but i am waiting to see the notice later and status changed on my USCIS Account

18 hours ago, African Queen_B said:

I spoke to a Tier 2 Officer today as i got an alert stating that my case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. I still called and he confirmed me that it was approved and sent to NVC but i am waiting to see the notice later and status changed on my USCIS Account

Great news and I am really happy for you.

I received another status update on case tracker today that the case was sent to department of state for visa processing. 

Timeline

Great News. We are on the same route. Mine showed up approved today and my priority date is 10/8/2020 which is yesterday. So now i am waiting on the case status to show that they sent it to NVC. I am glad we did not fill out the I-824 which cost so much money

Just be ready to send the Tax for last year and affidavit support document. The next step is to pay fees and fill out the paperwork.

So when January 1 2021 comes we are the first for interview

To GOD BE THE GLORY

Timeline

Good Morning 

I got an email last night from the National Visa Center about my Mother Case with my NVC Case number and Invoice Number. I think i am on expedite request from USCIS since they took long to sent my case to NVC

To God be the Glory 

Any Updated on your side?

Timeline
Just now, African Queen_B said:

Good Morning 

I got an email last night from the National Visa Center about my Mother Case with my NVC Case number and Invoice Number. I think i am on expedite request from USCIS since they took long to sent my case to NVC

To God be the Glory 

Any Updated on your side?

this was so quick my case status just changed 10/12/2020 that it was sent to NVC and the same date i Received the Case and Invoice number 

4 hours ago, African Queen_B said:

this was so quick my case status just changed 10/12/2020 that it was sent to NVC and the same date i Received the Case and Invoice number 

I have also received the case number and the invoice number for NVC case.

Now, I am in the process of going through NVC checklist to submit items that are needed. 
Once Trump EO gets expired and embassy opens up, will there be a backlog on the interview dates? 

Edited by Sfb86

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sfb86 said:

Now, I am in the process of going through NVC checklist to submit items that are needed. 
Once Trump EO gets expired and embassy opens up, will there be a backlog on the interview dates? 

There will be a backlog. that's certain especially as there are files of people whose cases has been sent to The US embassy in YDe but can't get an interview date due to Trump's EO. My husband's case has been sent to the interview but still waiting for a date, and I know this will take a few weeks, as compared to when I filed for my mom two years ago and it took one week from when she got a DQ and having an interview date. Focus on paying the fees and compiling the necessary docs, working first on your AOS and filing out the DS260 once the fees are processed which will take 2-3days. Wishing you the best!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sfb86 said:

I can only speak based on my personal experience.

We got approved by USCIS in February, and by NVC in late July. (NVC calls it "documentarily qualified")

After that no movement at all, the file is still with NVC and not the embassy, although the embassy has re-opened since August.

I suspect that due to executive order, there will be no movement until it expires. It is only my hope that executive order does not get extended for 2021 but who knows what will happen and which categories will be under the EO.

I still believe that IR5 category for immediate relatives should have been along with IR-1/CR-1 and those other immediate relatives. But what do I know😁

Now, if my situation is the same as for all other IR5 petitioners who filed in 2019/2020, then most likely yes, there will be a backlog. But it will depend on each consulate how bad that would be. I don't think it would be more than couple months, but again, what do I know😁

3 hours ago, StaGor said:

I can only speak based on my personal experience.

We got approved by USCIS in February, and by NVC in late July. (NVC calls it "documentarily qualified")

After that no movement at all, the file is still with NVC and not the embassy, although the embassy has re-opened since August.

I suspect that due to executive order, there will be no movement until it expires. It is only my hope that executive order does not get extended for 2021 but who knows what will happen and which categories will be under the EO.

I still believe that IR5 category for immediate relatives should have been along with IR-1/CR-1 and those other immediate relatives. But what do I know😁

Now, if my situation is the same as for all other IR5 petitioners who filed in 2019/2020, then most likely yes, there will be a backlog. But it will depend on each consulate how bad that would be. I don't think it would be more than couple months, but again, what do I know😁

Thank you all for the feedback.

I was looking at the checklist for civil documents online, it states that the petitioner must sumbit his/her original/certified birth certificate and marriage certificate. Does this mean I need to send the original documents to my mom in Uganda? 

When we did the application, we submitted the photo copy of my birth certificate, which had my moms name.

See below quote from government website: 

If you are applying for an IR5 visa as the parent of a U.S. citizen or for an F4 visa as the brother or sister of a U.S. citizen:  You must obtain an original birth certificate for your petitioner, or a certified copy.”

Edited by Sfb86

Timeline
23 hours ago, Sfb86 said:

I was looking at the checklist for civil documents online, it states that the petitioner must sumbit his/her original/certified birth certificate and marriage certificate. Does this mean I need to send the original documents to my mom in Uganda? 

When we did the application, we submitted the photo copy of my birth certificate, which had my moms name.

If you are applying for an IR5 visa as the parent of a U.S. citizen or for an F4 visa as the brother or sister of a U.S. citizen:  You must obtain an original birth certificate for your petitioner, or a certified copy.”

So about that.... I would also like to know the answer to that, or at least opinions of others. But here is my understanding:

When you upload scanned documents to NVC, you must scan original and upload. You can not scan a copy of your document and upload; unless a copy was certified.

Now when it comes to the next step the interview, we haven't gone that far, but... Per what you see on NVC website, it is supposed to be an original. (which means you need to send the original documents to your mom in Uganda).

However, in my case I checked also the website of the consulate in Ukraine. Their website contradicts NVC and they do not request an original of petitioner's birth certificate. So check US embassy in Uganda website, under immigrant visa's what is a list of required documents for interview.

My birth certificate was issued by USSR - a country that seized to exist since 1991. You can not possible request a duplicate from a third party country of Ukraine; especially since now I hold a US citizenship only. So you can not expect me to mail it out via Fedex and trust that it will not get lost, because the recovery of this document is practically impossible. Perhaps my situation is one of the frequent and why consulate in Ukraine does not require original.

With that being said, I would love to hear out other people's opinions on this. But I would say to upload documents to NVC according to NVC's guidelines; but bring documents and their copies to the embassy according to the embassy guidelines.

Edited by StaGor

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 10/13/2020 at 11:50 AM, Sfb86 said:

any update?

Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, StaGor said:

So about that.... I would also like to know the answer to that, or at least opinions of others. But here is my understanding:

When you upload scanned documents to NVC, you must scan original and upload. You can not scan a copy of your document and upload; unless a copy was certified.

Now when it comes to the next step the interview, we haven't gone that far, but... Per what you see on NVC website, it is supposed to be an original. (which means you need to send the original documents to your mom in Uganda).

However, in my case I checked also the website of the consulate in Ukraine. Their website contradicts NVC and they do not request an original of petitioner's birth certificate. So check US embassy in Uganda website, under immigrant visa's what is a list of required documents for interview.

My birth certificate was issued by USSR - a country that seized to exist since 1991. You can not possible request a duplicate from a third party country of Ukraine; especially since now I hold a US citizenship only. So you can not expect me to mail it out via Fedex and trust that it will not get lost, because the recovery of this document is practically impossible. Perhaps my situation is one of the frequent and why consulate in Ukraine does not require original.

With that being said, I would love to hear out other people's opinions on this. But I would say to upload documents to NVC according to NVC's guidelines; but bring documents and their copies to the embassy according to the embassy guidelines.

Any Update on your case

On 10/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, Sfb86 said:

do you have any update?

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 11:22 AM, African Queen_B said:

Any Update on your case

do you have any update?

No update from my side. Both cases for each parent are DQ'ed (Documentarily Qualified) since July 2020.

Both cases are still at NVC. There is no way to estimate when will they be sent out to the consulate... And months already start turning into years sadly:(

So much for "immediate relative" visa category, huh...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.