Nockideetah

Refusal due to section 212(a)5

217 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
On 1/1/2021 at 10:26 PM, Khalid Mahmud said:

Just want to know what this extended Security review is all about , my case was under refused status since March 2020 till October 2020 , they should have perform Security checks here in my city, country where I am living, working. Why at uscis?

Has anyone at USCIS or NVC been able to explain why it would be there for security review? USCIS was able to give me general information on the refusal we had, and NVC explained to me more thoroughly their role in the process, of course which is only administrative, but they had information too on what next steps would likely be. I wonder if they could answer that? 

5 hours ago, Stephanie&Sofiane said:

Has anyone at USCIS or NVC been able to explain why it would be there for security review? USCIS was able to give me general information on the refusal we had, and NVC explained to me more thoroughly their role in the process, of course which is only administrative, but they had information too on what next steps would likely be. I wonder if they could answer that? 

Also waiting for uscis detailed reply / decision as 212a5a is rarely used as per my reviews on many visa groups.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 24/01/2021 at 2:46 AM, Stephanie&Sofiane said:

Our senator told us that our case is also under extended security review...and now this is 7th month...no hearing from uscis... :(

Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableXX.pdf

Plz chk...i am v disappointed 😞 

2 hours ago, Far.han said:

The only authentic information could be obtained from a person who was denied on INA 212a 5A and later he got approved and got visa, let's dugout that one if possible

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Khalid Mahmud said:

The only authentic information could be obtained from a person who was denied on INA 212a 5A and later he got approved and got visa, let's dugout that one if possible

Yes i contected few but no 1 reply bc they r v old case 😔 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Khalid Mahmud said:

Oh ! Then update us too when you got any information from uscis as your case Is older one from ours

Have you tried contacting the senator again? 

4 hours ago, Far.han said:

Yes i contected few but no 1 reply bc they r v old case 😔 

Now only source of solid information are those people.  I request every one in this conversation thread to dig it out from previous 212a5a denayed and then approved cases so that we may help each other and along with that on this forum we could create a record of this issue for future cases to provide them guidelines for how to come out from this 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Khalid Mahmud said:

Yes! Same answer 

Thanks 

I can’t remember your refusal date but, I was told to wait at least 120 days from when the USCIS received it back. I don’t think that includes weekends.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nockideetah said:

I can’t remember your refusal date but, I was told to wait at least 120 days from when the USCIS received it back. I don’t think that includes weekends.

This is our senator reply...dnt know how much wait...nvc said nov.2020 uscis recived our case and uscis said july2020 they recived...again confusion 😐....

20210126_011355.jpg

Timeline

Hru...now what is ur status on uscis??old 1 or changed...ty

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 2:17 PM, Far.han said:

Hru...now what is ur status on uscis??old 1 or changed...ty

Hello, I recently had notifications from this discussion, we haven’t been on in awhile. We were reaffirmed, he had his second interview in January, approved and arrived in the USA in February! We were never requested to give anything further to the USCIS or the Embassy. We did not have to provide anything more to show a bona fide marriage. The  focus of the second interview was mainly my job and my finances and our joint sponsorship. It was very simple for us and we are thankful. However, we’ve learned that each case is a little different in what is being requested after the further review. I can’t really advise on anything because it could be totally different for you or someone else. What I can say is waiting and checking in periodically seems to be best method. Rest assured there will be updates when that information is available. I still highly recommend consulting with an attorney also when a case becomes more complex.
Good luck with your case, we wish you and everyone best! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.