55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, EAdamo said:

JackP, our Receipt Date is MAY 18TH, we have not heard anything from Columbus yet either...has anyone contacted our senators or congressman? In my area it’s Rob Portman, Sherrod Brown and Steve Stivers. I’m thinking of contacting them tomorrow.

Doesn't it has to be the case outside of normal processing time to do that ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Doesn't it has to be the case outside of normal processing time to do that ?

I’m not sure...but at this point it’s getting ridiculous. These appointments are 5 minutes long and even if they shut down the office to only allow one person in the office for a biometric appointment at a time they would still get through more people. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they found out appointments were reduced from like 150 down to 40 per day...yet BMVs are jam packed with people and social distancing with masks and cleaning between people at each window, schools are open with more people than that ...this is out of control slow. 

We have all followed all the legal procedures, jumped through their hoops, played by their rules. If I don’t get movement and assistance from my representatives they won’t be getting my vote this year.

Timeline
12 hours ago, EAdamo said:

I’m not sure...but at this point it’s getting ridiculous. These appointments are 5 minutes long and even if they shut down the office to only allow one person in the office for a biometric appointment at a time they would still get through more people. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned they found out appointments were reduced from like 150 down to 40 per day...yet BMVs are jam packed with people and social distancing with masks and cleaning between people at each window, schools are open with more people than that ...this is out of control slow. 

We have all followed all the legal procedures, jumped through their hoops, played by their rules. If I don’t get movement and assistance from my representatives they won’t be getting my vote this year.

I feel you , This is not tolerate able at all . Please let us know here how you contact congressman and what the process , that would be helpful for us to do that too .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
10 hours ago, JACKP said:

Any Update , anyone?

Our EAD status was updated to “card was mailed to me”. Not sure how long that takes but I guess a week to ten days? 

Oh, also our AOS status was changed to “interview was scheduled”. 

Edited by A - J
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Update - I was able to submit service request for my I-131 as it was out of normal processing time (PD -May 15 ) . The person told me that will back in 1 month . Also I sent email to senator for helping in this matter , haven't heard back on that too .

Some update...I finally got my biometrics today. It's been so long! The ASC was as empty as expected. :) Hopefully you can all get appointments soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lenanami said:

Some update...I finally got my biometrics today. It's been so long! The ASC was as empty as expected. :) Hopefully you can all get appointments soon.

Congrats ! , what is your PD ? . Did you got you bio done already or you received the appointment ? . Mine is May 15th and still waiting for appointment notice !

My PD is May 29th. I don't know what's the processing order is, but yours should be close! Also try sending inquiries to USCIS since it's around 90 days. I have seen cases where the candidates sending inquiries and getting scheduled soon. Hang in there and good luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Lenanami said:

My PD is May 29th. I don't know what's the processing order is, but yours should be close! Also try sending inquiries to USCIS since it's around 90 days. I have seen cases where the candidates sending inquiries and getting scheduled soon. Hang in there and good luck!

Thank You . Also I have opened the Case Inquire already as it is more then 90 days . Also I have reached out to Two congressmen and they have opened inquire to USICS too . I was told that USICS will get back to Congressmen within 15 Days , and for my inquire they will get back in 30 days :( . Praying 🙏 meanwhile! . 

Timeline

I am thinking of going to ASC Columbus next week and see if any one can help me with my BIO , has anyone ever heard of anyone who tried this ? 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 12:25 PM, JACKP said:

I am thinking of going to ASC Columbus next week and see if any one can help me with my BIO , has anyone ever heard of anyone who tried this ? 

Did you go over to the ASC office? We still have not heard anything. I just checked the receipt date for submitting a case inquiry for the I-765 and it was May 3rd today...and our receipt date was May 18th so if it doesn’t come soon we will submit a case inquiry.  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, EAdamo said:

Did you go over to the ASC office? We still have not heard anything. I just checked the receipt date for submitting a case inquiry for the I-765 and it was May 3rd today...and our receipt date was May 18th so if it doesn’t come soon we will submit a case inquiry.  

No  , I haven't tried as people on VJ said it is of no use as they are not seeing people there without the Appointment cos of COVID . However you can submit Case Inquiry for your I-131 today , if u filed it together with I-765.

Timeline

In this facebook group I am in I was told if we submitted a case inquiry for the I-131, then that might come separately as a paper (not on the combo card) and we would still have to wait for the I-765.  What happened when you put a case inquiry in for your I-131?

Timeline
16 hours ago, EAdamo said:

In this facebook group I am in I was told if we submitted a case inquiry for the I-131, then that might come separately as a paper (not on the combo card) and we would still have to wait for the I-765.  What happened when you put a case inquiry in for your I-131?

My idea behind any case inquiry was that they atleast look into the case and send the bare minimum requirement that is the BIOMETRICS  .And  No action yet been 25 days already

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.