merimusa

separate nvc case number assigned and ask twice payment for same person

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

hi all

this question belongs to my brother case. he applied i130 for his spouse and child.his i130 was approved last week and nvc send the case number and invoice number too.

but nvc send the separate case number and invoice number for both spouse and child. Is it normal? The main question here is  on both case they are asking Aos fee on both side. Do i pay twice each side? 

Also the main confusion question is he got child case number separatley and there is aos fee and iv application which seems good but on spouse side they put the child name again and ask to pay iv fee again. why i pay twice iv application fee for same person? totally confused......can u guys help me out

really appreciate for right answer

thanks

Timeline

hi aaron

yes he is LPR and filed two separate i130 for his spouse and child. the child is underage now

did he do some mistake? 

the question is he got separate case number for both people and under spouse page there is child name and payment option again.

so it seems two place to pay iv fee for same people.

it makes confusion'''''....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, merimusa said:

hi aaron

yes he is LPR and filed two separate i130 for his spouse and child. the child is underage now

did he do some mistake? 

the question is he got separate case number for both people and under spouse page there is child name and payment option again.

so it seems two place to pay iv fee for same people.

it makes confusion'''''....

Each petition is separate .which is why there are two case numbers The IV fee must be paid for each petition .. then the AOS fee for the spouse should be paid .. this should trigger a “ n/a” for the AOS fee for the child ., it should be waived as it is for the same family.. unless this has changed since we did it in 2016 

Timeline

thank you lil bear

yes i know we have to pay iv fee for each petition and he already pay for his child fee.

now  there is again the child name in spouse case page and asking iv fee again which he already pay from his child case number page. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, merimusa said:

thank you lil bear

yes i know we have to pay iv fee for each petition and he already pay for his child fee.

now  there is again the child name in spouse case page and asking iv fee again which he already pay from his child case number page. 

He will need to call NVC and request to speak to a Tier 2 supervisor and see if they can determine why it has been duplicated 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

No need to call the NVC.

Your brother file separately for his wife and child.  The case for the wife allows for derivative beneficiary children; so that is why the child is included in her case.  In addition, the child has his own separate case because your brother filed a separate I-130 for him.

Your brother can just proceed with the case for his wife where their child is included as a derivative beneficiary and ignore the separate case for his child.  Or he can proceed with both cases separately and remove his child as a derivative beneficiary on his wife's case.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.