AndyD

Fiance possibly without permanent address

4 posts in this topic

My fiance (beneficiary) is from Russia and has an apartment there. For the last few years she's been working in China and is there at present. Currently, her situation is fluid - she might not get her Chinese work visa renewed (then she'll have to go back to Russia), otherwise she will be moving to a cheaper apartment in China. So at this point it's hard to say where she will be in a month. 

I want to file I-129F soon, and my question is - how critical the correctness of her physical address on the application would be? I will be putting her address in Russia as mailing address, her current address in China as physical address, and the desired consulate - in Russia. If her physical address changes, how do I update USCIS with it after filing I-129F and will it somehow delay the proceedings?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, AndyD said:

My fiance (beneficiary) is from Russia and has an apartment there. For the last few years she's been working in China and is there at present. Currently, her situation is fluid - she might not get her Chinese work visa renewed (then she'll have to go back to Russia), otherwise she will be moving to a cheaper apartment in China. So at this point it's hard to say where she will be in a month. 

I want to file I-129F soon, and my question is - how critical the correctness of her physical address on the application would be? I will be putting her address in Russia as mailing address, her current address in China as physical address, and the desired consulate - in Russia. If her physical address changes, how do I update USCIS with it after filing I-129F and will it somehow delay the proceedings?

i129f is filed as of a point in time.  You don't need to update the uscis.   NVCs preference is to communicate via email.  

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just FYI - it's not uncommon to assign a K-1 case to the consulate/embassy that covers your fiancée's residence as per the last entry on the I-129F regardless of what you select as the desired consulate.

In which case if you're lucky (or if things are still in covid-19 holding) you can catch things before it's sent to China, but usually you end up having to request a transfer.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
48 minutes ago, AndyD said:

In our daughter's case, during filing of I-130,  we wrote Qatar as the desired consulate and Philippines as her physical and mailing address. When we received the NVC welcome letter, they mentioned there that her interview will be in the Philippines. So, I think they will base the interview location based on the beneficiary's current physical address. I'm not entirely sure with this. I'm only basing it on my daughter's case (IR2).  Since you are still on USCIS filing stage, don't worry about this as consular interview will be processed at the NVC stage. I'd say continue with Russia as the desired consulate. When you reach the NVC stage and fiance is still in China, inform RIGHT AWAY the NVC via call or email about transfer of consulate. But I've read in one fb visa page, the process of changing embassies might take 30 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.