BOKURAGAITA

My K1 friend & her K2 approved!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They got approved and consul told them to leave the Phi before Sept 03, 2020 and their medical exam that was expired on  Aug 02, 2020 was extended for another 30 days. 

CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM! 

Edited by Carin Bulado

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Carin Bulado said:

They got approved and consul told them to leave the Phi before Sept 03, 2020 and their medical exam that was expired on  Aug 02, 2020 was extended for another 30 days. 

CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM! 

When? And what is their case of you don't mind me asking. When did they had their Interview? I'm really curious as I had my Interview last March. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

When? And what is their case of you don't mind me asking. When did they had their Interview? I'm really curious as I had my Interview last March. 

Its alright. It's K1 and K2, today Aug 5, 2020 is their interview. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Carin Bulado said:

Its alright. It's K1 and K2, today Aug 5, 2020 is their interview. 

But I thought, there is no Interview or the schedules were cancelled? Did they request for their case to be expedited?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

But I thought, there is no Interview or the schedules were cancelled? Did they request for their case to be expedited?

Yes she sent an email and requesting for expedite shes worried of their Med exam will expire and after 2 weeks she got an email and a lady called her.

Yes there is no appointment available in Manila USEM website and she told me after an hour of  interview there are applicants in different visas was there for interview also.

She didn't mention how many but she said

" medyo marami ang mga applicants" and surprised. 

Edited by Carin Bulado

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

Yes she sent an email and requesting for expedite shes worried of their Med exam will expire and after 2 weeks she got an email and a lady called her.

Yes there is no appointment available in Manila USEM website and she told me after an hour of  interview there are applicants in different visas was there for interview also.

She didn't mention how many but she said

" medyo marami ang mga applicants" and surprised. 

I am so glad to glad to hear that cause that gives me a little bit of hope. I do have the same case as her but I was refused for a visa due to section 221(g). I already send the documents and hopefully the Embassy will process my visa. I did email them last week but I still haven't gotten any response until now. Did she also waited a bit before she got a reply?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mazikeen said:

I am so glad to glad to hear that cause that gives me a little bit of hope. I do have the same case as her but I was refused for a visa due to section 221(g). I already send the documents and hopefully the Embassy will process my visa. I did email them last week but I still haven't gotten any response until now. Did she also waited a bit before she got a reply?

Yes she waited like 2 weeks before she got an email and call from them. She didn't think she would get an appointment and approval of her email because its been 2 weeks. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

Yes she waited like 2 weeks before she got an email and call from them. She didn't think she would get an appointment and approval of her email because its been 2 weeks. 

Thank you so much and I appreciate your time taking to reply. Now I am a little bit more hopeful. I suppose I should just try and patiently wait for their reply. 

They are still interviewing on an emergency basis.  From what I am hearing, people who have medical about to expire can email the embassy and send their medical receipt and they may get an interview.  I also hear that they are only allowing 15 people in at a time for interviews.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

5 hours ago, John & Rose said:

They are still interviewing on an emergency basis.  From what I am hearing, people who have medical about to expire can email the embassy and send their medical receipt and they may get an interview.  I also hear that they are only allowing 15 people in at a time for interviews.

I wonder if the scammers are standing out side by the entrance trying to sell ballpens or maybe hold your electronics or watch you child why you go inside the Embassy?

They always reminded me of a bunch of hoodlums standing out there every morning.

8 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

I wonder if the scammers are standing out side by the entrance trying to sell ballpens or maybe hold your electronics or watch you child why you go inside the Embassy?

They always reminded me of a bunch of hoodlums standing out there every morning.

Are you saying you never rented a chair to sit on while you wait?  Lol. Gotta love the entrepreneur mindset. A couple cheap plastic chairs, a few pens and you are in business!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

Are they really renting chairs there also? 

Yep. There is no place to sit but on the ground and a few flower pots.  Many people opted for the chairs. I’m not sure how much they charged. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

You will not going to get scam if you knew what are the things youll need. Why you need a chair if you applicants will going to get inside and wait unless u bring someone with you and leave it outside. I always bring my pen but sometimes i forgot and paying 15 or 10 pesos is okay. 

Last year i was there and there is one traveller who bring backpack straight to the Embassy, she is 1 hr early from Cebu straight to Embassy. In order for her to save she paid 200 for leaving her backpack cos she dont want to pay 1,500 pesos for a night rent. Thats nice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.