KamiPalmersQueen

Visa Denial:Kingston embassy

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not sure if this is where i need to be but i have a question. Last year in September my husband didnt pass the medical portion so we had to wait a year (until 08/12 to be exact) for us to reschedule the medical again and then complete the process at the embassy. My question is, we are getting close to 8/12 and I dont know what to do next. Do i go online and reschedule the medical or is this something they will call us in for. And Will i also need to request another appointment at the embassy as well to complete the process. I was looking at the US Embassy website and it was saying that i would need a case number. Will this still be the same one as before? sorry is this question is dumb but this whole process is just overwhelming and we are trying to mess up again. Thanks for your help in advance.

Yes, you would use the  same case number.  I would email the embassy to get a new appointment, and ensure that you schedule a medical for after 8/12.  If you  search "medical denial" and "kingston" and "weed" in the forums you will find others that went through it.

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, KamiPalmersQueen said:

Not sure if this is where i need to be but i have a question. Last year in September my husband didnt pass the medical portion so we had to wait a year (until 08/12 to be exact) for us to reschedule the medical again and then complete the process at the embassy. My question is, we are getting close to 8/12 and I dont know what to do next. Do i go online and reschedule the medical or is this something they will call us in for. And Will i also need to request another appointment at the embassy as well to complete the process. I was looking at the US Embassy website and it was saying that i would need a case number. Will this still be the same one as before? sorry is this question is dumb but this whole process is just overwhelming and we are trying to mess up again. Thanks for your help in advance.

You should have received a letter at the interview with instructions of how to proceed. If not, contact the embassy via email at kingstoniv@state.gov or call 876-702-6000. Use your current case # in the subject line of the email.

You may contact Andrews Hospital re the medical portion as well. I am sure they can provide some guidance. Here is their info.

usmeds@amhosp.org

Flow Landline:  (876) 926-7401-3
Digicel Landline:  (876) 618-1810

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
On 8/4/2020 at 6:06 PM, KamiPalmersQueen said:

Also, you were suppose to register your interview here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/ when you initially received the interview. This is the same site you would use to reschesule. Did you log into your account to see what it says? 

If I were you I would first call Andrews for guidance and based on what they tell you reach out to the embassy if needed.

I'm assuming you will need a new police report as well. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
23 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Also, you were suppose to register your interview here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/ when you initially received the interview. This is the same site you would use to reschesule. Did you log into your account to see what it says? 

If I were you I would first call Andrews for guidance and based on what they tell you reach out to the embassy if needed.

I'm assuming you will need a new police report as well. Good luck. Hope it works out.

Hey thank you for your information so I never registered the interview when I went to the site I just now registered🤦🏾‍♀️ We are now trying to reach out to the hospital to get the medical set up but it’s a holiday so he will try next week then after that I guess I’ll be emailing the embassy for a new interview date. At the bottom of the letter they gave him said once medical is complete they will contact him for the next step

Timeline
2 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

Hello, did things get sorted out for you?

Good morning 
My husband call to get the appointment but they said we still have to wait to hear from the doctor to schedule the medical. He can’t schedule it due to the whole COVID situation. But I told my husband if we don’t hear from them before the month end he’s gonna have to call again bc then they just dragging they feet bc the letter said on/after August 12 and that’s today actually that we can continue this application process

Timeline
1 hour ago, KamiPalmersQueen said:

Good morning 
My husband call to get the appointment but they said we still have to wait to hear from the doctor to schedule the medical. He can’t schedule it due to the whole COVID situation. But I told my husband if we don’t hear from them before the month end he’s gonna have to call again bc then they just dragging they feet bc the letter said on/after August 12 and that’s today actually that we can continue this application process

Hmm? Andrews can't schedule medicals due to COVID when they are currently scheduling medicals for visa appointments? I know someone who did their medical at Andrews yesterday and said there were several others waiting to be seen as well as someone scheduled for the 20th and another for the 24th. I would definitely call again and tell them what the letter stated and advise them you want this scheduled ASAP so not to jeopardize your case. Also, ensure you are informing the embassy of any scheduling issues or delays.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.