Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

But they are saying these things from last few months.. that they will hire new staff but nothing have changed so far ..

One can only hope that they better start taking care of all the backlog cases as soon as possible. Mumbai embassy is already in Dec 2021 DQ and I am pretty sure they have way more cases then Islamabad embassy has.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/22/2022 at 12:43 AM, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

Any idea when they will speed up the process just like what india did ? Anyone

On 4/22/2022 at 12:53 AM, Raja007 said:

Hopefully they will as I have seen people saying that they have hired lot of people so hopefully they will speed up the process to eliminate the backlog.

I have seen mumbai embassy worked faster after issuing letters to jan 2021 DQs may be less number of people got DQ after jan 2021 in CR and IR1 categories ? Agree or not ?

43 minutes ago, Muhammad Ali1987 said:

I have seen mumbai embassy worked faster after issuing letters to jan 2021 DQs may be less number of people got DQ after jan 2021 in CR and IR1 categories ? Agree or not ?

Not necessarily but one can never be hundred percent sure. Alot of people I saw on different fb groups got RFE and average DQ was after six months on there for most people

On 4/21/2022 at 5:01 AM, Alina_M said:

Sorry I forgot to write that. It's Jan 4th, 2021. And the interview is May 11th, 2022

If you can provide the timeline of your visa application I would really appreciate it. I applied for my wife's petition november 2020, sent in all required paperwork and fee. Also the priority date on my case is January 2021. I had to resend my tax return info since last year income requirement was not met, but I made over the required amount this year by about $7,000. What date did you apply , how long it take for them to accept all your paperwork ? I would really appreciate any info 

12 hours ago, zubeirkhan991 said:

If you can provide the timeline of your visa application I would really appreciate it. I applied for my wife's petition november 2020, sent in all required paperwork and fee. Also the priority date on my case is January 2021. I had to resend my tax return info since last year income requirement was not met, but I made over the required amount this year by about $7,000. What date did you apply , how long it take for them to accept all your paperwork ? I would really appreciate any info 

Hi, my priority date with USCIS was September 11, 2020 and I received the letter from NVC that my CEAC login was created on December 7th, 2020. I submitted all the paperwork a week or so later. However, we had one document left to submit so about a week or so later, NVC sent an email about the missing document. I submitted that a couple of days later, around the end of December. Shortly after, case got DQ'd on Jan 4th, 2021. So NVC didn't take long to look at the documents and approve the case, it's the backlog they had for interviews that took forever and caused the wait to be a long as it was. 

3 hours ago, Alina_M said:

Hi, my priority date with USCIS was September 11, 2020 and I received the letter from NVC that my CEAC login was created on December 7th, 2020. I submitted all the paperwork a week or so later. However, we had one document left to submit so about a week or so later, NVC sent an email about the missing document. I submitted that a couple of days later, around the end of December. Shortly after, case got DQ'd on Jan 4th, 2021. So NVC didn't take long to look at the documents and approve the case, it's the backlog they had for interviews that took forever and caused the wait to be a long as it was. 

Basically from the day you started your visa application to the day you got DQ'd only was about 5 months ? September 2020 to January 2021. Also which embassy is your interview ? I filled out the application in Islamabad, Pakistan. Probably it's taking long over there. I started my case December 2020 and NVC just asked me for my paperwork again, which was sent 5 days ago.

Just now, zubeirkhan991 said:

Basically from the day you started your visa application to the day you got DQ'd only was about 5 months ? September 2020 to January 2021. Also which embassy is your interview ? I filled out the application in Islamabad, Pakistan. Probably it's taking long over there. I started my case December 2020 and NVC just asked me for my paperwork again, which was sent 5 days ago.

Yeah I would say around 5 months total between the initial application acceptance and DQ. I also applied in Islamabad, Pakistan. That's where my husband's interview will be on May 11th.

1 minute ago, Alina_M said:

Yeah I would say around 5 months total between the initial application acceptance and DQ. I also applied in Islamabad, Pakistan. That's where my husband's interview will be on May 11th.

Hopefully they accept my paperwork this time. Once my paperwork is approved that's when they DQ it and give an interview date or does it take a couple months from DQ to interview date ?

I really appreciate the info. Thank you very much

4 minutes ago, zubeirkhan991 said:

Hopefully they accept my paperwork this time. Once my paperwork is approved that's when they DQ it and give an interview date or does it take a couple months from DQ to interview date ?

I really appreciate the info. Thank you very much

The DQ should come a couple of weeks after the documentation is complete, but that timeline could be different now compared to the beginning of last year. And no, after being DQ'd, your case stays at NVC until there is a open slot for the next interview. However, due to the tremendous backlog and pending applicants waiting for an interview after being DQ'd, the wait is around 15 months for an interview. Since my case was DQ'd January of last year, the interview letter came in this month, 15-16 months after that date. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Does anyone know what is expected in terms of NVC interview letter? I did not get a letter in the mail but an email informing me about my interview appointment. Do I just print out the email and take that with me? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.