Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Saim10 said:

i am very disheart i was thinking they will speed up proces for April but its 18 and nothing from them😔😔

2 hours ago, Butterfly2 said:

I am afraid they suspended the process , any official statement is issued?

2 hours ago, Tooba Nasir said:

I am very sad too 😭

Relax Everyone.. Have faith in Allah. 

They can send IL anytime. In my opinion, There are several issues they are looking at.

1) Smart lockdown if effective nation wide, and Embassy has to follow all the SOPs.

2) Backlog is so huge, Expedited cases are getting ####### in number. They have catering those in priority as well.

3) Ban has been lifted from other family based categories as well. Interview will be scheduled for them as well.

4) Several security drills are going on in Islamabad due to Pakistan Day.  Embassies take care of the diplomats and take part in drills. Which can be a reason for a little delay.

5)  Ramzan is coming in April, Embassy will be working less than usual timings. 

I guess anyone of the following reason can delay the process a little. but again that is just my point of view. 

17 minutes ago, Haris Sheikh said:

They can send IL anytime. In my opinion, There are several issues they are looking at.

1) Smart lockdown if effective nation wide, and Embassy has to follow all the SOPs.

2) Backlog is so huge, Expedited cases are getting ####### in number. They have catering those in priority as well.

3) Ban has been lifted from other family based categories as well. Interview will be scheduled for them as well.

4) Several security drills are going on in Islamabad due to Pakistan Day.  Embassies take care of the diplomats and take part in drills. Which can be a reason for a little delay.

I guess anyone of the following reason can delay the process a little. but again that is just my point of view. 

You are saying right

27 minutes ago, Haris Sheikh said:

Have you gt ur IL? Your DQ date.?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Waiting21 said:

Have you gt ur IL? Your DQ date.?

I am also in the queue. My DQ is June 18th, 2020.

7 hours ago, abidkhan said:

can anyone here has any idea about when US embassy in Islamabad will start F2A visa type interviews?  

Soon. IA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.