Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MSK4 said:

Hey! your predictions end up being right somehow every month. Any idea how much will they cover next month? :P

Not always, lol. Just right this time round. I think they are speeding up things to catch up to the back log. I expect them to do 5-6 weeks (or more) of DQ dates every month from now on until they are caught up.

Edited by Joppike

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Joppike said:

Not always, lol. Just right this time round. I think they are speeding up things to catch up to the back log. I expect them to do 5-6 weeks (or more) of DQ dates every month from now on until they are caught up.

Hey congrats on the Visa approval, how long did it take for you guys to receive the Visa in hand after the interview?

Timeline
Just now, Joppike said:

It was very quick, something like 5-6 working days.

oh awesome, did they tell you after the interview that it was approved and it would take a week to receive the Visa? Asking because we need to book flights before Ramadan but not sure if we should wait until Visa is in hand, or do it right after the interview

26 minutes ago, humzas said:

oh awesome, did they tell you after the interview that it was approved and it would take a week to receive the Visa? Asking because we need to book flights before Ramadan but not sure if we should wait until Visa is in hand, or do it right after the interview

Yes, you know when they take your passport and tell you. They don’t tell you when you expect it.

However, some people go into Administrative Processing and may take longer to get their visa.

Don’t book your flights until visa is in hand.

Timeline

Did anyone had to resubmit I-864 after interview and how long did it take them to approve visa after required docs were submitted to CEAC????

They asked my spouse to submit it on ceac account. Has anyone been in this situation please share.

3 hours ago, Aul2580 said:

Did anyone had to resubmit I-864 after interview and how long did it take them to approve visa after required docs were submitted to CEAC????

They asked my spouse to submit it on ceac account. Has anyone been in this situation please share.

When was the interview? Did they tell you the reason why you have to resubmit i-864? From what I have read about other people's experience, if they ask you to submit papers after interview it depends on the embassy how long it takes. Some people were approved within 1 week after submitting papers after interview and others took many months.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Myramatters said:

When was the interview? Did they tell you the reason why you have to resubmit i-864? From what I have read about other people's experience, if they ask you to submit papers after interview it depends on the embassy how long it takes. Some people were approved within 1 week after submitting papers after interview and others took many months.. 

They said it's not filled correctly and asked to submit it on ceac account.

If I'm not wrong they use to have waiting period to review ceac documents which was about 2 months. I hope it's not the same 

Just now, Aul2580 said:

They said it's not filled correctly and asked to submit it on ceac account.

If I'm not wrong they use to have waiting period to review ceac documents which was about 2 months. I hope it's not the same 

And interview was on 17th February 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.