flicks1998

Foreign parents to Filipino children allowed to enter

16 posts in this topic

Great news for us with kids who have been separated since March. I don’t have details but it seems official now that if you have biological kids in the Philippines you can now enter. I’m sure the child’s birth certificate will be required and passports if they have them but at least it’s a small step in the right direction. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

42 minutes ago, TVC said:

It does seem official but it would seem even more official if you listed a source.

My ex-colleagues in immigration department in makati. There should be some kind of announcement today or by Monday. 

I had heard this was coming as I had complained to the Philippine embassy in DC a few weeks ago and at that time they would have been willing to make an exception with proof of

birth certificate etc. 

if I see anything published I’ll post. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

My ex-colleagues in immigration department in makati. There should be some kind of announcement today or by Monday. 

I had heard this was coming as I had complained to the Philippine embassy in DC a few weeks ago and at that time they would have been willing to make an exception with proof of

birth certificate etc. 

if I see anything published I’ll post. 

Good News.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, TVC said:

It does seem official but it would seem even more official if you listed a source.

The Philippines would now allow entry of foreign parents of minor Filipino nationals, according to the resolution released by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Thursday.

Although this is not "official", it was a news headline on PLN (Philippine Lifestyle News).

I am going to way and see what the requirements are before making any plans. 

29 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

The Philippines would now allow entry of foreign parents of minor Filipino nationals, according to the resolution released by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Thursday.

Although this is not "official", it was a news headline on PLN (Philippine Lifestyle News).

I am going to way and see what the requirements are before making any plans. 

It seems GMA and other "news sources" are now reporting that it will be possible for anyone with foreign children.  I was also told this was possibly coming when I contacted the Philippine Embassy last month in Washington DC.

Last month, I sent the Philippine Embassy the copy of the birth certificate, my sons US and Philippine passport copies, the death certificate of the mother, documents of custody and gave them an ultimatum, either I get a document that shows I can enter the country or that the acquaintance watching my son would drop him off at the entrance of the US Embassy and he would be left there until I could get back.  The Embassy in DC has been relatively helpful in this and that is when they mentioned a change in the entrance requirements would be coming.

My ex-colleagues in immigration mentioned earlier this week there was a change coming as the number of complaints and pressure coming from other governments has increased substantially over the last few months as many of these children are not just Filipino citizens but citizens of other countries as well.  

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/foreign-parents-of-minor-filipino-nationals-allowed-to-enter-philippines/ar-BB17mxyV?li=AAb280R&%252525253Bocid=DELLDHP

Timeline

IATF, has officially released the changes in policy. Resolution No. 60, says changes as follows:

3. Foreign spouses, minor children including children with special needs, regardless of age, of Filipino nationals as well as foreign parents of minor Filipino nationals including children with special needs regardless of age; provided the secure or possess the appropriate visa; and

Now the "BIG" question is, what paperwork are they going to require and what testing and quarantine measures are going to be imposed.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

What if you have a kid in Philippines, and your name is not on the Birth Certificate for legal reasons, I wonder if you can get into Philippines?   

As of now; unless the birth certificate has your name listed as the parent... no.

But most provinces have a mandatory 2 week quarantine if you come from another province. That's after getting tested after arrival and held until the results come back. I would be coming from Manila to Legazpi, so spending 2 weeks "locked up" would be a waste of the trip.

1 hour ago, AlaMike said:

As of now; unless the birth certificate has your name listed as the parent... no.

But most provinces have a mandatory 2 week quarantine if you come from another province. That's after getting tested after arrival and held until the results come back. I would be coming from Manila to Legazpi, so spending 2 weeks "locked up" would be a waste of the trip.

I have been to Legazpi a few times, Do you like it there? I am not a big fan of Legazpi.  My wife is from a city about 30 minutes from Legazpi called Tabaco, It's really super crowded there and the streets are full of Pedjack (Bicycle non motorized Trikes).  They are an insane amount on the main drag all day long. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I have been to Legazpi a few times, Do you like it there? I am not a big fan of Legazpi.  My wife is from a city about 30 minutes from Legazpi called Tabaco, It's really super crowded there and the streets are full of Pedjack (Bicycle non motorized Trikes).  They are an insane amount on the main drag all day long. 

My fiance is in Libon, kinda out from the main city. Her family are farmers. 

But we only stay in Legazpi when we have too. But, yes traffic is horrible everywhere. Everything from heavy trucks to pedjacks trying to find a place to be. I was shocked there was any straight sheet metal on any vehicle.

It takes over an hour and a half to go from Legazpi to Libon, and that's with me driving.

9 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Yes this would be correct.  However I would put it in 3 categories:

1) If the child is biologically yours and on the birth certificate, no problem.  Although Manila is now gong back to MECQ and not sure how this will effect people on going back. 

2) The child could be biologically yours and your name is not on the BC.  This is because the Philippines has a ridiculous law that if the father does not sign the BC within 30 days (I believe its 30 days or close to it) then the child will assume the mothers last name automatically and the father is not on the BC.  To get this amended, can take years and is alot of money.  Its f$cked up, and I had a friend who found himself in this situation as he was not married to his partner, he had to leave the Philippines for a few months on a work project, and when he got back, by law he could add his name as the time period lapsed and the child assumed the mothers last name.  This actually created a massive nightmare for him and it took an incredible amount of time, money and energy to correct. 

3) Many foreigners have assumed their partners children and taken responsibility for them, however if the father is alive and is on the BC (but is not in the child's life) its nearly impossible to be the "legal" parent while the child is still in the Philippines.  9-10 years ago I was speaking to an attorney in Manila and the conversation came up about foreigners who took care of their partners non-biological kids and he told me there is no problem with this, but DO NOT adopt the child.  He was quite adamant about this as well and said you can always be the father, but when you adapt (at great time and expense) you now become legally responsible for that child.  He gave this advice as he has seen many foreigner/local relationships break up over the years and many foreigners get screwed.

Without the name on the BC, at the moment it may be hard to get back.  However Ive been dealing with an attorney over the last 16 years or so and they could probably give advice on this if needed.  She charges 2000p an hour for consultations which isnt bad and they work with alot of foreigners as well.  In fact, she knew the MD at the company I worked at in Makati and the MD was also a foreigner.  Ive had this attorney on retainer for all kinds of things such as traffic accidents and making sure Im not accused wrongly which has helped out 3 times over the years, she helped with the custody of my son when the mother passed, shes helped with the purchasing of property and having it in my sons name, etc and she can be trusted.

Timeline

Yet another change in the requirements for foreigners with Filipino children.

Now, you have to meet these 4 requirements.

The newest one is having to have an existing visa "BEFORE" entry. Yesterday it was only to get visa upon entering.

Image may contain: text that says 'IMMIG CRIN DEARTMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ARRIVING FOREIGNERS EFFECTIVE compliance with the directives from Malacañan as recommended by the IATF- EID. (1) Must have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry; (2) With pre-booked accredited quarantine facility; (3) With pre-booked COVID-19 testing provider; (4) Subject to the maximum capacity inbound passengers as set by the National Task Force for COVID-19. For inquiries, may contact: (+632) 8465-2400 +632) 8524-3769 immigration.helpline.ph officialbureauofimmigration www.immigration.go immigPH@gmail.com inoc_immigration@hotmail.ph immigration.heipline.ph@gmail.com'

3 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Yet another change in the requirements for foreigners with Filipino children.

Now, you have to meet these 4 requirements.

The newest one is having to have an existing visa "BEFORE" entry. Yesterday it was only to get visa upon entering.

Image may contain: text that says 'IMMIG CRIN DEARTMENT ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ARRIVING FOREIGNERS EFFECTIVE compliance with the directives from Malacañan as recommended by the IATF- EID. (1) Must have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry; (2) With pre-booked accredited quarantine facility; (3) With pre-booked COVID-19 testing provider; (4) Subject to the maximum capacity inbound passengers as set by the National Task Force for COVID-19. For inquiries, may contact: (+632) 8465-2400 +632) 8524-3769 immigration.helpline.ph officialbureauofimmigration www.immigration.go immigPH@gmail.com inoc_immigration@hotmail.ph immigration.heipline.ph@gmail.com'

Yes I have heard the same. The pre-approved visa is a must but I heard it’s in place as some foreigners were showing up in Manila without the proper documentation’s mainly the marriage certificate for ones entering on having a spouse. 

Having a prebooked accommodation I heard isn’t too bad of a rule and there are many choices.  Most are only there for 2 days with the negative COVID Test results. 

i think the best thing I’ve heard from a few others entering the country is that after the negative Covid test results there was no mandatory 2 weeks quarantine.  You were free to go on to your next destination as Long as you could get through all the local travel restrictions. I also heard the process they have in place now is well organised. Surprise surprise. 

the Covid test is 4500p upon arrival at NAIA. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes I have heard the same. The pre-approved visa is a must but I heard it’s in place as some foreigners were showing up in Manila without the proper documentation’s mainly the marriage certificate for ones entering on having a spouse. 

Having a prebooked accommodation I heard isn’t too bad of a rule and there are many choices.  Most are only there for 2 days with the negative COVID Test results. 

i think the best thing I’ve heard from a few others entering the country is that after the negative Covid test results there was no mandatory 2 weeks quarantine.  You were free to go on to your next destination as Long as you could get through all the local travel restrictions. I also heard the process they have in place now is well organised. Surprise surprise. 

the Covid test is 4500p upon arrival at NAIA. 

I agree, there is no mandatory quarantine if you stay in Manila after you are cleared. The issue comes if you leave and go to another province. Albay has issued a mandatory 2 week quarantine if you come from another province. Since the exact rules are unclear, this may not apply if you have already been cleared from Manila and are just coming unchecked from another province.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.