Vianca

Wife and son petition and AOS please help

7 posts in this topic

Had a question for a friend. 

He wants to petition for his wife and son. He would like to know what would be the fees and does his son and wife go on two different applications, he son is under 2 years old. They know the application is 535 , they are curious if the fee doubles for the child or it's included with the mother's application as well when filing for AOS because he is a minor do they just included it under the mom's paper work.  

Edited by Vianca

21 minutes ago, Vianca said:

Had a question for a friend. 

He wants to petition for his wife and son. He would like to know what would be the fees and does his son and wife go on two different applications, he son is under 2 years old. They know the application is 535 , they are curious if the fee doubles for the child or it's included with the mother's application as well when filing for AOS because he is a minor do they just included it under the mom's paper work.  

Is your friend a citizen or LPR? If citizen, two separate I130s. If LPR, son can be a derivative on the wife’s I130. If LPR, I presume they are here on legal status if he is looking at AOS.

Fees https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

Edited by SusieQQQ

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Is your friend a citizen or LPR? If citizen, two separate I130s. If LPR, son can be a derivative on the wife’s I130. If LPR, I presume they are here on legal status if he is looking at AOS.

Fees https://www.uscis.gov/feecalculator

Yes the husband has his green card and yes they are here legal. They just wasn't sure how it worked with there son and him being a minor.

So basically it's one application for the wife and son.

The fee calulator unfortunately doesn't work for me that's why I had to post we have been attempting all which ways 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably best if he joins.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Probably best if he joins.

Doesn't speak English so I'm trying to help and be the binder between to get them as much info as I can. 

2 hours ago, Vianca said:

Yes the husband has his green card and yes they are here legal. They just wasn't sure how it worked with there son and him being a minor.

So basically it's one application for the wife and son.

The fee calulator unfortunately doesn't work for me that's why I had to post we have been attempting all which ways 

What status are they on? I’m hoping you are not going to say they’ve just arrived on tourist visas.

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

What status are they on? I’m hoping you are not going to say they’ve just arrived on tourist visas.

No they have been here for a since covid without being able to return. Again they are seeing options as they have a son and they do not want there family sperated again so they are looking for options and I am just trying to get them information and translate as much as I can. Again they have a minor son and the husband is LPR. I am not sure why the Uscis fee page isn't working for me I do know the the petition is 535 and the AOS is around 1000ish and 85 bio fee. What they are unsure of is how it work if ever to file. As they have a child and they don't know if that goes as if they were doing a process for two or the kid is included with just the mother's applications and they pay the extra fees. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.