Rocky Buchi

Has any Nigerian been given a CR1 visa since the implementation of the Ban?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,please i need to find out something, my husband and i got married last year,we have submitted all our documents  and Nvc has approved all documents last month june,now we are waiting for an interview, my husband is a U.S citizen but i am Nigerian and with this Ban on Nigeria, i have my fears and i dnt know what to do while waiting on NVC for interview date..i want to know if any Nigerian have been issued a CR1 visa since the implementation of the ban,just a ray of hope can help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is a ban on Nigerians doesn't mean that you won't be issue a cr1 visa.. there is a waiver on that process. Do not lose any hope and don't allow anyone to kill your spirit.. good luck and don't give up !

Read this.. someone that went for his cr1 interview before the convid 19:

On the 5th of March,2020, I got a mail that my passport was at the DHL office in V.I, I panicked because, it was too quick and i started asking my VJ family if all was well..lol. Checked on ceac website and realised it's been issued.

On the 6th of March,2020, I picked up my passport and saw on the passport, that the Presidential proclamation 9983, was waived.

Thank you all, I appreciate. 😘 ( I warned you all, an epistle emerging🤣🤣🤣)

Edited by Mayor73ng

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mayor73ng said:

There is a ban on Nigerians doesn't mean that you won't be issue a cr1 visa.. there is a waiver on that process. Do not lose any hope and don't allow anyone to kill your spirit.. good luck and don't give up !

Read this.. someone that went for his cr1 interview before the convid 19:

On the 5th of March,2020, I got a mail that my passport was at the DHL office in V.I, I panicked because, it was too quick and i started asking my VJ family if all was well..lol. Checked on ceac website and realised it's been issued.

On the 6th of March,2020, I picked up my passport and saw on the passport, that the Presidential proclamation 9983, was waived.

Thank you all, I appreciate. 😘 ( I warned you all, an epistle emerging🤣🤣🤣)

Thanks alot..i needed this ray of Hope🙏🙏🙏

• 1 month later...
Timeline

the only people who were issued a visa, were individuals who's case was already with the national visa center and had already had an interview scheduled as of the time of the ban in February 2020. so if not you can still be scheduled for an interview but even applying for a waiver which is like 900+ which is in addition to nvc process and the waiver is a separate application which is handle by uscis. so it is a shot in the dark and only a handful of people get it so i hope this bit of info helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

My country is under the same proclamation but right after that the US embassy stated that K1 visa is still good to go and it won’t affect the process at all. So maybe they do spousal visa as well.....just asking

Timeline

the only people who were issued a visa, were individuals who's spousal visa case was already with the national visa center and had already had an interview scheduled as of the time of the ban in February 2020. so if not you can still be scheduled for an interview but even applying for a waiver which is like 900+ which is in addition to nvc process and the waiver is a separate application which is handle by uscis. so it is a shot in the dark and only a handful of people get it so i hope this bit of info helps. i dont believe the proclamation affects fiancee visa processing because of not being an immigrant at the time of travel, so this whole travel ban is just heartbreaking to the marriage couples wait for reunification

Edited by Jb_1102

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.