4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Hello everyone!! I got a letter requesting evidence of a bona-fide Marriage which is a good sign that at least my case has been opened. 

We have not lived together since we got married in October we lived in my Vacant  parents house for the short time and I came here late October. 
I did include him on my life insurance plan provided by my company. In my country joint bank account are nonexistent. 
I have pictures of us with family and friends. Of our Wedding ceremony that was very private. 
what else can I provide? 

my layers mentioned if I do provide letters from affidavit they would have to be notarized in my country. What does that mean? How do I notarized letters from other friends and family? 
does anyone know the format for such letters?  

the letter stated the following: 

INTENT TO MARRY WAS BONA-FIDE
Submit evidence to establish that (MY NAME), intent in marriage was to establish a life together with (SPOUSE NAME) The evidence submitted should cover the entire period of the marriage. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:
(a) Proof of joint insurance policies or that one party was listed as a beneficiary on the insured spouse’s policy;
(b) Property leases, mortgages, or registrations;
(c) Shared financial obligations and assets such as jointly filed income taxes showing that each return was properly filed with the state or federal government, or jointly held bank accounts, credit card accounts or utility bills;

(d) Testimony or other evidence regarding courtship, wedding ceremony, shared residence and experience. You may submit your own statements or affidavits from others.
If you submit third party affidavits you must submit a sworn statement explaining why the usual supporting documents are unavailable. Additionally, each affidavit must conform to the guidelines cited below:
Affidavits -- Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the person you are petitioning for, who were living at the time the events(s) occurred, and who have personal knowledge of the event(s) you are trying to establish--for example, the date and place of a birth (including both parents’ names); the date and place of a marriage or death. The persons making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of the United States. Each affidavit must contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his/her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you, if any; full information concerning the event(s); and complete details concerning how he/she acquired knowledge of the event(s).
USCIS will not accept a single statement signed by multiple individuals. Each person should submit their own affidavit to their personal knowledge of the event.

1 hour ago, Tima_smiles said:

Hello everyone!! I got a letter requesting evidence of a bona-fide Marriage which is a good sign that at least my case has been opened. 

We have not lived together since we got married in October we lived in my Vacant  parents house for the short time and I came here late October. 
I did include him on my life insurance plan provided by my company. In my country joint bank account are nonexistent. 
I have pictures of us with family and friends. Of our Wedding ceremony that was very private. 
what else can I provide? 

my layers mentioned if I do provide letters from affidavit they would have to be notarized in my country. What does that mean? How do I notarized letters from other friends and family? 

Submit evidence to establish that (MY NAME), intent in marriage was to establish a life together with (SPOUSE NAME) The evidence submitted should cover the entire period of the marriage. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to:
(a) Proof of joint insurance policies or that one party was listed as a beneficiary on the insured spouse’s policy;
(c) Shared financial obligations and assets such as jointly filed income taxes showing that each return was properly filed with the state or federal government, or jointly held bank accounts, credit card accounts or utility bills;

(d) Testimony or other evidence regarding courtship, wedding ceremony, shared residence and experience. You may submit your own statements or affidavits from others.
If you submit third party affidavits you must submit a sworn statement explaining why the usual supporting documents are unavailable. Additionally, each affidavit must conform to the guidelines cited below:
Affidavits -- Written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the person you are petitioning for, who were living at the time the events(s) occurred, and who have personal knowledge of the event(s) you are trying to establish--for example, the date and place of a birth (including both parents’ names); the date and place of a marriage or death. The persons making the affidavits may be relatives and need not be citizens of the United States. Each affidavit must contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his/her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you, if any; full information concerning the event(s); and complete details concerning how he/she acquired knowledge of the event(s).
USCIS will not accept a single statement signed by multiple individuals. Each person should submit their own affidavit to their personal knowledge of the event.

You keep referring to 'your country,' but are you not the US petitioner??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You keep referring to 'your country,' but are you not the US petitioner??

Yes I’m a citizen of the US. MY husband is overseas in Egypt 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 hours ago, Tima_smiles said:

what else can I provide? 

Im no expert but if you don't have more photos or shared financial documents i would submit affidavits from multiple people and or your employer that the knowledge of the events took place and i would follow the instructions carefully. 

Taxes too etc etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.