Step29

Widower of US Citizen (IW-1)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

is there any IW-1 cases here? would like to connect from you.  My case is CR1 and converted to IW-1 when my petitioner passed away. My case still at NVC submitted last May14 and hopefully waiting for DQ.

1 hour ago, Step29 said:

is there any IW-1 cases here?

I found one. Faith2020 is doing Adjustment of Status:

-----------------------------

Somewhat recent approved cases below.

Ajk3visa is a national of Saudi Arabia that had temporary asylum status (illegal for muslims to marry non-muslims without prior permission from the Saudi government and her infant child was deported from Saudi Arabia) in the Netherlands and was waiting for IW-1 visa there. Her IW-1 was approved in October 2019:

Scottish Mernymph had pending K-1 Adjustment of Status when her husband passed. Her Adjustment of Status was approved in December 2019:

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

*November 2019 when it was actually approved. My mistake.

Thanks. Her case is different than mine. she is doing adjustment of status and she is already in US. I have previous CR1 application and converted to IW-1. I am just a little bit worried i didnt submit I854W coz the form already eliminated by ucsis. 

so i just wrote a letter and upload it in NVC. I hope I can get DQ soon w/out any additional documents requested by NVC

9 hours ago, Step29 said:

so i just wrote a letter and upload it in NVC.

That was the correct thing to do so they can "enter a case note indicating that the applicant is not required to submit an affidavit of support." https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM060114.html

I've also seen people just use the obsolete form: https://web.archive.org/web/20190823175938/https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864w.pdf?download=1

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
10 hours ago, Step29 said:

Thanks. Her case is different than mine. she is doing adjustment of status and she is already in US. I have previous CR1 application and converted to IW-1. I am just a little bit worried i didnt submit I854W coz the form already eliminated by ucsis. 

so i just wrote a letter and upload it in NVC. I hope I can get DQ soon w/out any additional documents requested by NVC

When did you upload the letter?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Timeline
10 hours ago, onek said:

When did you upload the letter?

my civil docs was uploaded may5.. and in AOS part- it was may 14.. i actually got a DQ message in ceac yesterday but I didnt get email yet from NVC.

Also my AOS still showing as submitted. Only civil docs was accepted.. its kinda weird.

11 hours ago, HRQX said:

That was the correct thing to do so they can "enter a case note indicating that the applicant is not required to submit an affidavit of support." https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM060114.html

I've also seen people just use the obsolete form: https://web.archive.org/web/20190823175938/https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864w.pdf?download=1

They accepted my civil documents and I got DQ message in CEAC yesterday. im just curios becoz my AOS still showing submitted. 

31 minutes ago, Step29 said:

my civil docs was uploaded may5.. and in AOS part- it was may 14.. i actually got a DQ message in ceac yesterday but I didnt get email yet from NVC.

Also my AOS still showing as submitted. Only civil docs was accepted.. its kinda weird.

They accepted my civil documents and I got DQ message in CEAC yesterday. im just curios becoz my AOS still showing submitted. 

Congratulations 

If you are already DQ, don’t need to worry about the individual document. 

Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 9:00 AM, onek said:

Congratulations 

If you are already DQ, don’t need to worry about the individual document. 

Thank you so much. I got DQ in ceac and 2 days after I got email from NVC. I think since for widower doest need to have an AOS so NVC didnt review it. In that part, I just wrote a letter explaining that form i864w elimimated by uscis and my category are exempted for AOS

I am pursuing this for my husband. He really wants me to moved from Saudi Arabia for good.

12 minutes ago, Step29 said:

Thank you so much. I got DQ in ceac and 2 days after I got email from NVC. I think since for widower doest need to have an AOS so NVC didnt review it. In that part, I just wrote a letter explaining that form i864w elimimated by uscis and my category are exempted for AOS

I am pursuing this for my husband. He really wants me to moved from Saudi Arabia for good.

Good luck with the interview.

You are almost done  

Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 12:54 PM, onek said:

Good luck with the interview.

You are almost done  

Thank you so much... I will post an update here soon once I am done with my journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.