green_rabbit

Travel to Senegal during COVID-19?

12 posts in this topic

So, with the Senegalese airspace open since July 15, is anyone thinking about visiting Senegal? It was looking kind of like a possibility (if ill-advised...), but now the US embassy page has a warning about foreign nationals not being allowed in, though I can't find mention of this on any other websites. Does anyone know anything?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I know the land border is closed, however air senegal is expensive but its the best option.  Thus you to do a Covid-19 test before traveling to senegal by air, otherwise they will test you at the airport

Just now, Ras Ous said:

I know the land border is closed, however air senegal is expensive but its the best option.  Thus you to do a Covid-19 test before traveling to senegal by air, otherwise they will test you at the airport

Yeah Delta/Air France have some flights too and I think I can manage the test here (but I doubt my local clinic is on their list of recognized laboratories...). I'm just worried about this new information that "Foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, may now be restricted from entering Senegal if they are not residents of Senegal".

Timeline

As of now,  all residents are allowed in as long as you submit evidence of test done before arriving.  Am also in the US, waiting for my son's interview then I will surely go.

Secondly,  they don't publish any hospital or clinic that would be acceptable.  

A friend is going there Tuesday, will find out more from him. He is Gambia resident in Germany 

AirFrance's travel document checker says this:

Passengers are not permitted to enter Senegal due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus.

This does not apply to the following passengers:

Passengers holding a residence permit issued by Senegal,
Passengers residing in a country that has reciprocated this arrangement,
Diplomats and staff of international organizations,
Passengers invited by the government or international organizations,
Health professionals and researchers in the health field,
Military personnel,
Civil protection personnel on duty,
Passengers traveling for urgent reasons,
Passengers travelling for humanitarian reasons,
Passengers studying in Senegal,
Highly qualified passengers, provided their employment is economically necessary and their work cannot be postponed or carried out abroad,
Passengers authorized by a competent authority mandated by the government of the Senegal.

Passengers are required to hold a negative novel coronavirus (COVID-19) test result certificate issued no more than 7 days prior to arrival, or a completed declaration of honour form (declaration sur l'honneur).

All passengers must also hold a completed passenger locator form.

Timeline

Thanks,  so since the US did not put any travel restrictions on Senegal, then  residents of US may be allow in as long as they hold the negative test within 7days. 

Just now, Ras Ous said:

Thanks,  so since the US did not put any travel restrictions on Senegal, then  residents of US may be allow in as long as they hold the negative test within 7days. 

I mean that's what I'm hoping, but between the US embassy statement and the ministry of tourism post on Facebook, I'm worried it only refers to ECOWAS countries. I emailed Air Sénégal to ask for specifics...

Timeline

Okay, and I will alsi suggest your email Delta, because they fly to senegal from the US. But I vividly watch the press conference the tourism minister saying countries than Ban senegalese will also be ban, i guess he was referring to the European union. 

I know its a difficult time and lot of the information is communicated via different means.

I hope we all get over this soon. Very stressful 

Just now, Ras Ous said:

Okay, and I will alsi suggest your email Delta, because they fly to senegal from the US. But I vividly watch the press conference the tourism minister saying countries than Ban senegalese will also be ban, i guess he was referring to the European union. 

I know its a difficult time and lot of the information is communicated via different means.

I hope we all get over this soon. Very stressful 

Yeah. I think the Delta is only through Air France at the moment. It looks like DSS to JFK is running, but not the reverse.

But I will check with them too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.