Blueamber

Anyone any N400 progress from Philadelphia area?

329 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PhillyNatz said:

Our processing times for Philadelphia have increased from today’s update. 

12.5 - 20.5 months 

I'm thinking about moving to another city..........This has become ridiculous. About a month ago they updated the processing time to 11-18months, now a month later, they added 1.5 months, which somehow "matches" my biggest frustration that our cases are literally stuck.

Edited by MrKo

Hey guys, a member in the post below shared that after speaking with the officer in the phone, s/he was told that the Chicago office has not been scheduling new interviews yet, they've only been REscheduling interviews. So it seems true that some offices haven't even started taking on new naturalization cases despite the 6/4 "reopening". And the Philly office is likely following the same path-----no movement, and that's probably why none of us have got any news, and thus the processing time increases.

21 hours ago, MrKo said:

Hey guys, a member in the post below shared that after speaking with the officer in the phone, s/he was told that the Chicago office has not been scheduling new interviews yet, they've only been REscheduling interviews. So it seems true that some offices haven't even started taking on new naturalization cases despite the 6/4 "reopening". And the Philly office is likely following the same path-----no movement, and that's probably why none of us have got any news, and thus the processing time increases.

It doesn’t explain though why our processing times are worse than even Los Angeles and Dallas. Cities that are much larger and have falling processing times. 

We are even slower than Chicago. Wow

Edited by PhillyNatz

1 hour ago, PhillyNatz said:

It doesn’t explain though why our processing times are worse than even Los Angeles and Dallas. Cities that are much larger and have falling processing times. 

We are even slower than Chicago. Wow

Agree. It's very disturbing to find this out. Not sure what happened, I remember at some point last year Philly was quite fast, but now it's one of the slowest in the country. It appears that they're not processing any new interviews at all, because we see some Oct 2019 filers here also waiting for interviews to be scheduled, let alone us who filed weeks or months later.

I also don't think contacting/calling them would change anything, because you know, it's USCIS. I personally think it only makes sense to call if everybody else is having interview and you're the only one being left out.

The only thing came to my mind yesterday which I thought might make some difference, if I'm lucky enough, was to find a new job in a new city where has faster progress. But I soon started to realize that: 1) we're still dealing with the pandemic and moving out-of-state might not be the easiest thing to do at this moment. 2) I have already waited over 8 months at the Philly office, transferring my file to another city may put me in the back of the line and result in longer wait. Not to mention there's also a risk for them to lose the file during the transfer.

So I guess the only thing we can do now, is to calm down and keep waiting. I know it's hard, but at least it's our final wait of this super-long immigration journey and after this we're all done. Eventually it will move, it can't stay stuck like this forever.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Well I have nothing new to post other than my case completion still shows October 2020 and EWT is at 5 days. All we can do right now is wait and hope for a miracle for the Philly office. I just hate how they handled this entire situation and they have dug themselves even deeper with backlogs. But hey not like that affects them right? Seems this is what the current administration wanted to happen anyway. Having to pay all this money for crappy sluggish service 😒 

I trust that we will be out of this shiitaki mushroom of a situation soon. 

38 minutes ago, HopeFab said:

Well I have nothing new to post other than my case completion still shows October 2020 and EWT is at 5 days. All we can do right now is wait and hope for a miracle for the Philly office. I just hate how they handled this entire situation and they have dug themselves even deeper with backlogs. But hey not like that affects them right? Seems this is what the current administration wanted to happen anyway. Having to pay all this money for crappy sluggish service 😒 

I trust that we will be out of this shiitaki mushroom of a situation soon. 

Thanks for sharing. Mine currently still says August 2020. I anticipate this to disappear any time from now on. I like what you said "hope for a miracle for the Philly office"😁.

I'm newbie here.  I found this forum, and I realized that I am not alone in this frustrating long delay by USCIS in Philly.

Filed : February 5, 2020.

Biometric: February 27, 2020.

Estimated Completion Date was  September 2020, and now is November 2020.

Estimated Wait Time is from 30 days to 14 days 

Hopefully, when it gets down to 0, there is not a statement " we expect taking longer ... " Finger crossed 

Good luck to you guys and have a good weekend !!  

Edited by Jason0921

19 minutes ago, Jason0921 said:

I'm newbie here.  I found this forum, and I realized that I am not alone in this frustrating long delay by USCIS in Philly.

Hopefully, when it gets down to 0, there is not a statement " we expect taking longer ... " Finger crossed 

Welcome!!!!! Yes let's forget about the frustration for now and enjoy the weekend first!

Timeline
1 hour ago, MrKo said:

Thanks for sharing. Mine currently still says August 2020. I anticipate this to disappear any time from now on. I like what you said "hope for a miracle for the Philly office"😁.

😉 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jason0921 said:

I’m dreading that “ we are taking longer than expected” statement. 

Welcome — to the Philly office frustration station thread.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, Jason0921 said:

Hi Jason welcome to the thread. When did your processing time change from September to November?

I saw news about a recent lawsuit that pressured the Philly office to swear in "all" (about 2,200 according to the news) already-approved naturalization candidates by the end of July. That's probably what caused this terrible delay for those of us who are still waiting to be interviewed. Now since they have "cleared" that, hopefully they get back to us shortly. If not, I think we should definitely do something. Any idea what we can do to get the ball rolling? Write to congresspersons? Sue the department?

Edited by MrKo

Hi everyone i'm also October 2019 n-400 filler,

biometric done in november 2019,

interview scheduled for march 2020 and canceled because of pandemic.

Any updates? 

I also called uscis today and they said to call back in next 60 days since they don't have update yet for Philadelphia office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.