Mike n Huong

How to track after NOA2

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I received an email with my NOA2, and I checked the site today and was touched after the NOA2 approval. The email said they send my NOA2 on a few days before my email came. So I am wondering if they shipped it to NVC today? I am so used to being able to check the status online, and I am clueless now. :wacko:

I have seen people's timelines showing what day it was mailed to NVC, What day NVC received, What day NVC sent to consulate, and what day the consulate received it. How do you track this information? Is this using the same USCIS site? I read about people checking with DHL or something, how do they know which is there packet? Thisngs have been moving so fast for me and I hope the luck continues B)

Thanks for the help

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval. Most times you get the paper NOAs in the mail and it is sent to NVC. Your a K1 so your case will go in and out the door fairly quickly. Once it leaves the NVC they will send you a letter telling you the paperwork has been sent overseas. I am not sure if your number on your case changes once it gets to NVC or not since I did different visa.

Once it leaves NVC some persons call and find out the date it left going overseas. Some but not all diplomatic papers are sent out DHL. If you know the date you can try and track it from their website but it does not personally say it is your case. It only states the pouches from NVC to all the embassies on that date.

Good luck and maybe someone can tell you about the case number and how to check since most case are in and out so fast. Others may be updating their timelines after this happens.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Once you have your NOA2 in hand, you will have your case number on it, which is what you will need when you ring the NVC, only the USC can ring them.

We just rang the NVC to get updates on their 1800 number, sorry don't have the number but I am sure it is on this site somewhere or I think I saw it in the status online webpages. We found out when they got it from CSC, and when they sent it off to the embassy. You need to talk to a person, it will give you that option, and they are open til pretty late. Ours was only at the NVC for two days before it was sent over to the embassy. :dance:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

Hummmm....we didn't get a case number until the letter from the NVC.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I received an email with my NOA2, and I checked the site today and was touched after the NOA2 approval. The email said they send my NOA2 on a few days before my email came. So I am wondering if they shipped it to NVC today? I am so used to being able to check the status online, and I am clueless now. :wacko:

I have seen people's timelines showing what day it was mailed to NVC, What day NVC received, What day NVC sent to consulate, and what day the consulate received it. How do you track this information? Is this using the same USCIS site? I read about people checking with DHL or something, how do they know which is there packet? Thisngs have been moving so fast for me and I hope the luck continues B)

Thanks for the help

You'll know when the NVC receives your case soon, because it doesn't take that long at all once you get NOA2 before you get the notice from the NVC. From that point I think you have to E-Mail the consulate and ask them.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Mike,

Congratulations on a successful NOA2 approval. The Vietnam VisaJourney board is really heating up these days. There are several people ahead of us with recent/upcoming interviews that will surely give us some great inside information.

If your detail oriented like me and want to have your timeline exact with NVC dates, I've included some info for you, if you haven't gotten it already.

You can call the National Visa Center at (603)334-0700. Be sure to talk to an operator and DON'T use the automated system. I've read that K-1 applications aren't put into the automated system at the NVC. If you talk to an operator, give them your USCIS case number, located on your NOA1 or NOA2. They will be able to tell you all of the dates in regards to receipt and forwarding to the US Consulate in HCMC.

Good luck!

STL_HCMC

Thanks for the help

Regarding the DHL tracking, like an earlier post said, you won't know exactly if your case is included. But you can still check to see if a DHL shipment was made the day the NVC says they forwarded your case to HCMC.

Here is a link to a post by Peter Miami with DHL tracking Instructions.

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.