Carlcayl

Chats

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The CR-1 process seems so lonely. I don't know anyone else who understands this process, although some of my friends are immigrants to Canada they weren't apart from their spouses. I just want to talk with everyone about every tiny inch of progress we make, but most people I know just can't identify with it. A lot of people close to me have very different views of immigration, a lot of people assumed that getting married means you can go be with your partner. Immigrating to the USA right now is a massive task, it's a huge part of my life. Finding all the documents I need, hearing tiny blips of recognition from big agencies as I move very slowly towards this big goal to be with my husband. I find a lot of solace just reading forums and news and gathering information, but I do wish I could chat with other people who come from the same experiences as I do. Like just go for tea and talk about about our faraway partners and not hear "you're so brave" or "I couldn't do it" it's like... dang, I don't even consider those things, it's just how my relationship works. I guess I just want to relate to people because it's going to be like a year at least, with everything happening in the world, and I'm really happy with my partner but our relationship is just different because of the nature of immigration to the US. Anyone feel the same?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We’re K1, but I hear you.  People have no clue what this process is like unless they have been through it.  We first applied Dec. 2017 and were denied.  We’re on our second go-round and we were so close to the visa when embassies closed.  Since then I feel like I obsessively check for any shred of hope out there.  Every time we have an update on our case I get excited thinking we’ll have the visa in a few days...nope.  I find shopping for wedding items or just things we’ll need for his arrival helps me feel like there’s still something in my control.  But my bank account and my sanity will be happy when I am no longer consumed by this process.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, AliTan said:

We’re K1, but I hear you.  People have no clue what this process is like unless they have been through it.  We first applied Dec. 2017 and were denied.  We’re on our second go-round and we were so close to the visa when embassies closed.  Since then I feel like I obsessively check for any shred of hope out there.  Every time we have an update on our case I get excited thinking we’ll have the visa in a few days...nope.  I find shopping for wedding items or just things we’ll need for his arrival helps me feel like there’s still something in my control.  But my bank account and my sanity will be happy when I am no longer consumed by this process.

Yeah we actually had no idea about how the green card process worked. I did a tiny bit of research and saw that there were two options: K1 and CR1. Everyone was saying to do CR1 because it's less expensive but I didn't actually understand the difference until AFTER  we got married. It was really, really dumb. If we'd have known I could've done something before we got married, we would have. Instead we've been married over a year and only just started the CR1 process, and then Covid. It's gonna be a loooong (expensive) time. ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Carlcayl said:

Yeah we actually had no idea about how the green card process worked. I did a tiny bit of research and saw that there were two options: K1 and CR1. Everyone was saying to do CR1 because it's less expensive but I didn't actually understand the difference until AFTER  we got married. It was really, really dumb. If we'd have known I could've done something before we got married, we would have. Instead we've been married over a year and only just started the CR1 process, and then Covid. It's gonna be a loooong (expensive) time. ❤️ 

With a lot of visas being suspended, maybe your case will speed up.  CR1s at least have been safe.  It's the uncertainty of it all that drives a person crazy. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 6/23/2020 at 8:59 PM, Carlcayl said:

You did the right thing. CR-1 is the best option. First of all, you are now married with this option. 😀. Second, when your spouse comes to the US,  she will immediately have PRC, can work right away, and don’t worry about long AOS process.  Don’t regret your decision and look at it from the positive side.  Even with COVID-19, since CR-1 is still being processed, some have reported quick approvals and NVC processing.

Good luck with your visa journey. Keep yourself busy talking to your spouse, preparing for her move and before you know it, your wait will be over.

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Timeline
6 hours ago, onek said:

You did the right thing. CR-1 is the best option. First of all, you are now married with this option. 😀. Second, when your spouse comes to the US,  she will immediately have PRC, can work right away, and don’t worry about long AOS process.  Don’t regret your decision and look at it from the positive side.  Even with COVID-19, since CR-1 is still being processed, some have reported quick approvals and NVC processing.

Good luck with your visa journey. Keep yourself busy talking to your spouse, preparing for her move and before you know it, your wait will be over.

Yeah I'm she, the beneficiary/Canadian spouse so unfortunately it wasn't the best for us. My husband (the petitioner) has a really good job (that it makes it not worth me working) and I'm an independent artist/homemaker XD So it's actually cost us a LOT of money to be living separately. Two rents, travel, etc etc. 

On the bright side, I've been able to be in Canada and help my grandparents while they deal with sudden terminal illness/disability. 

And yes, "with COVID-19, since CR-1 is still being processed, some have reported quick approvals and NVC processing" I've definitely been keeping my eye on this and I'm hoping that comes to fruition for me. This year has been a real slugger.

"Good luck with your visa journey. Keep yourself busy talking to your spouse, preparing for her move and before you know it, your wait will be over." Thank you. Time is going by much faster and I think the year will be up before I know it, and I'll be that much closer. My original estimated date was around April of next year but with everything changing so much that time might change a lot. I've noticed a big part of this process is just letting things go and doing them as they come, being an image of true patience.

:) Thanks for being so sweet, I appreciate all the words.

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, Carlcayl said:

Yeah I'm she, the beneficiary/Canadian spouse so unfortunately it wasn't the best for us. My husband (the petitioner) has a really good job (that it makes it not worth me working) and I'm an independent artist/homemaker XD So it's actually cost us a LOT of money to be living separately. Two rents, travel, etc etc. 

On the bright side, I've been able to be in Canada and help my grandparents while they deal with sudden terminal illness/disability. 

And yes, "with COVID-19, since CR-1 is still being processed, some have reported quick approvals and NVC processing" I've definitely been keeping my eye on this and I'm hoping that comes to fruition for me. This year has been a real slugger.

"Good luck with your visa journey. Keep yourself busy talking to your spouse, preparing for her move and before you know it, your wait will be over." Thank you. Time is going by much faster and I think the year will be up before I know it, and I'll be that much closer. My original estimated date was around April of next year but with everything changing so much that time might change a lot. I've noticed a big part of this process is just letting things go and doing them as they come, being an image of true patience.

:) Thanks for being so sweet, I appreciate all the words.

Good luck with the process 👍

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2