Lilith1811

ROC interview got rescheduled and then canceled.

10 posts in this topic

On Monday June 8th, my husband (the USC) got a call from USCIS to rescheduled my ROC interview that got canceled on April to next Monday, June 15th. We said yes and she gave us the instruction on what to bring and COVID related changes at field office. Today when I was on my lunch break, I checked my status online and it says: “ On June 11, 2020, we cancelled the interview scheduled for your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence...”

I called the USCIS support center. And the officer agreed that there are two different status. In their system, my interview is still scheduled, but on online tracking it says it’s canceled. She said she’s escalating my case and I need to wait for an officer to call me back. And I have been waiting the whole afternoon. I believe there’s nothing I can do other than waiting  for them to call me back. But this is so stressful. If nobody is calling me back, should I just come to interview? Anybody had the same experience before? Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So sorry to hear this. Yep, it would be very stressful. Plan on going to the interview as scheduled. Do not miss it unless they confirm on the phone that it is cancelled. Nobody is going to have an experience like this. This is all uncharted territory.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

If no one calls you back definitely go to the interview. It is best to show up and have it been cancelled than to not show up.

Please keep us updated if you receive a call back, your online status changes and what happens on Monday.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

3 hours ago, TwinkleTwinkle said:

I’m still waiting for mine to be rescheduled. My original date was a day after the official lockdown, so I’m expecting to be close to first in line...

I've seen person from April got called, and interview rescheduled via phone. I am not sure are they going by order, or just calling people whos phone number they got available.

Hi all,

I want to give an update. 

So no tier 2 officer has called me back and we did go to our interview. We waited for around 15 minutes. Got called in and interviewed together. My first impression of the IO was not really friendly. He reminded us not to answer for each other. Interview was about 15-20 minutes. Turned out he was quite funny, but can’t really see his smile behind the mask. Lol. 
At the end, we got a paper that say my case in under review before they make a decision. Two hours later my case status changed to “new card is being produced “. So happy and relieved! Good luck to all of you that still waiting! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Lilith1811 said:

Hi all,

I want to give an update. 

So no tier 2 officer has called me back and we did go to our interview. We waited for around 15 minutes. Got called in and interviewed together. My first impression of the IO was not really friendly. He reminded us not to answer for each other. Interview was about 15-20 minutes. Turned out he was quite funny, but can’t really see his smile behind the mask. Lol. 
At the end, we got a paper that say my case in under review before they make a decision. Two hours later my case status changed to “new card is being produced “. So happy and relieved! Good luck to all of you that still waiting! 

Congratulations!!! Did you provide any additional evidence at the interview?

Edited by tu2008

39 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

Congratulations!!! Did you provide any additional evidence at the interview?

We didn't keep copy of my application. And honestly forgot what we have sent along with the application. He actually only saw the file we sent and ask if there's any additional we want to give him at the end of interview. So we gave him the most recent tax return, saving account with transaction history, Insurance, credit card statement, and some photos. Those all are only papers that have both our names. 

Addition: I only filed for i-751. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.