Meg123RD

USA Canada border

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rachel F said:

No you can’t collect EI. I’m just saying I’ll have to say I’m unemployed. The EI pauses while you’re gone (they know from the biweekly report you fill out) and you can restart it when you get back. I confirmed with someone I know who works in the EI office.

Got it. Good luck. Update us how it goes. 

Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 10:45 AM, Meg123RD said:

I’m nervous already flying and being turned away but I’ve never had an issue so i think I’ll try end of June! Thanks so much for telling me how it went. I can go to either Pearson or Montreal and my final destination is in nyc. Not the smartest place to go but I’ve been away from my husband for too long. 
i wish I would’ve known this sooner! We didn’t get to be together for our anniversary because I thought I wasn’t allowed. Even did the research and didn’t know this was possible

I just can into the US(Philadelphia) yesterday from Montreal. CBP asked general questions-how long you stay, who are you staying with, why don’t you apply spousal visa-told him that currently waiting to get an interview, that’s all.

the airport was pretty empty but my plane was kind of full. I think it’s because Sunday? 

make sure bring some snacks as only one store is opened and small cold sandwich was like $15 and water was $5. 

about 50% passengers from my flight were there 3-4 hours prior to boarding. I think it’s because AA emailed people that the plane is full and they offer people money anyone willing to re scheduled their flight to the other day.

Oh and make sure you bring your own mask. 

nothing to worry about just be honest tell them you are going to visit your husband/wife.

good luck! 

Edited by K$D

Timeline
4 hours ago, K$D said:

I just can into the US(Philadelphia) yesterday from Montreal. CBP asked general questions-how long you stay, who are you staying with, why don’t you apply spousal visa-told him that currently waiting to get an interview, that’s all.

the airport was pretty empty but my plane was kind of full. I think it’s because Sunday? 

make sure bring some snacks as only one store is opened and small cold sandwich was like $15 and water was $5. 

about 50% passengers from my flight were there 3-4 hours prior to boarding. I think it’s because AA emailed people that the plane is full and they offer people money anyone willing to re scheduled their flight to the other day.

Oh and make sure you bring your own mask. 

nothing to worry about just be honest tell them you are going to visit your husband/wife.

good luck! 

Awesome thank you! :) I’m bringing my cat and apparently there’s 3 other cats on my flight lol

but my anxiety is eased with comments like this so I appreciate it! 
I’ll update when I travel! Going to Montreal as well

Timeline
4 hours ago, Meg123RD said:

Awesome thank you! :) I’m bringing my cat and apparently there’s 3 other cats on my flight lol

but my anxiety is eased with comments like this so I appreciate it! 
I’ll update when I travel! Going to Montreal as well

And make sure bring a pen. Yes a pen. 
When you check in, they give you a piece of paper that ask if you were sick recently. It’s like Four questions you mark yes or no. 

luckily I had a pen but I noticed some people were walking around to find a pen. 

my flight had two dogs. They were so quite and no one even noticed. Lol have a safe trip! 

Timeline

For anyone interested I flew from Vancouver to Seattle today. I wasn't expecting to be allowed entry as I have no job or lease, had just been in the US from October - March, and am flagged for visiting too often, but I was let in with minimal questions (where are you going, why, and what do you do for work).  

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, DGF said:

For anyone interested I flew from Vancouver to Seattle today. I wasn't expecting to be allowed entry as I have no job or lease, had just been in the US from October - March, and am flagged for visiting too often, but I was let in with minimal questions (where are you going, why, and what do you do for work).  

How much trouble did they give you for not working? My fiance lost her job over this, we've talked about having her come to visit since the state department wants to leave us hanging. She had a pretty pristine record coming over for the past several years, but it makes me nervous, I don't want her to go through any trouble.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JacobP said:

How much trouble did they give you for not working? My fiance lost her job over this, we've talked about having her come to visit since the state department wants to leave us hanging. She had a pretty pristine record coming over for the past several years, but it makes me nervous, I don't want her to go through any trouble.

Absolutely none. I said I wasn't currently working and he moved on to the next question. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.