Morgan5698

I-864 Intending Immigrant Income

12 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I’m looking into getting my docs together for when the London embassy Visa dept opens up again. My wife (petitioner) lives with me here in the U.K. so we were planning on her father in law Joint-Sponsoring me to meet the income requirements. When reading through the I-864 notes I came across this 

‘If you included the income of the intending immigrant who is your spouse, you must provide evidence that their income will continue from the current source after obtaining permanent residence’ 

This is of particular interest to me as my company is relocating me to one of our subsidiary companies in the US, so I will not technically leave our organisation, but transfer to another office. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and whether this is a suitable approach? I thought it worth asking as would save a lot of time on my part. 

thanks in advance. 

Yes, if you will continue to be paid by the same employer you can use your income. Convert your current salary to USD and provide evidence that you are being relocated. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, JFH said:

Yes, if you will continue to be paid by the same employer you can use your income. Convert your current salary to USD and provide evidence that you are being relocated. 

That is most helpful. Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Morgan5698 said:

This is of particular interest to me as my company is relocating me to one of our subsidiary companies in the US, so I will not technically leave our organisation, but transfer to another office. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and whether this is a suitable approach? I thought it worth asking as would save a lot of time on my part. 

thanks in advance. 

Make sure you get specific info on company letterhead that names the subsidiary, your position,  and states the salary you will be paid When you transfer.

8 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Make sure you get specific info on company letterhead that names the subsidiary, your position,  and states the salary you will be paid When you transfer.

Top advice. Really appreciated. Thanks. 

Another questions guys - I'm on a (unexpected) roll today. 

i-864 - Tax transcript for my wife (sponsor). Although we are not using her income, we are up to date with her filing, though the 2019 return is sitting in IRS mail room due to Covid. so IRS wont have transcript yet. Understanding we can use a copy of the federal income tax return we mailed over (I have evidence of mail and delivery), the notes say to attach all W-2's etc. The amount was small and from A UK source so not being used in the i-864, so there is no W-2. So would the UK payslip suffice as the W-2 in this case? 

Thanks again in advance. 

9 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

he notes say to attach all W-2's etc. The amount was small and from A UK source so not being used in the i-864, so there is no W-2. So would the UK payslip suffice as the W-2 in this case?

Just take the UK Payslip.  It won't be a big deal anyways since the actual sponsorship is from a joint sponsor.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

9 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just take the UK Payslip.  It won't be a big deal anyways since the actual sponsorship is from a joint sponsor.

Thank you! Great help. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, JFH said:

On 6/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, Wuozopo said:

Guys, Thanks for your help on this previously. I have my interview scheduled for 24th Aug in London and just getting all the last bits sorted so there is no room for error. With regard to using my income (applicant) to satisfy i-864, I have obtained a letter from my company naming my position, salary now and salary after transfer, that I've been employed by the company for 10 years and my income will continue to be paid via the same source as I am transferring within the group to a US subsidiary. It also lists that there will be no pause or break in my contract and I am, and will remain an ongoing employee of the group after I move to the US. I'll also take 6 months of payslips. My pre transfer income is approx 3x the amount required and post transfer income about 5x. Can you advise, in your opinion if all this is sufficient? 

Also, the nature of this route doesn't appear to be all that common, do you think it is wise to get a co-sponsor just in case to take with me to the interview?  Thanks in adv.

50 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

Guys, Thanks for your help on this previously. I have my interview scheduled for 24th Aug in London and just getting all the last bits sorted so there is no room for error. With regard to using my income (applicant) to satisfy i-864, I have obtained a letter from my company naming my position, salary now and salary after transfer, that I've been employed by the company for 10 years and my income will continue to be paid via the same source as I am transferring within the group to a US subsidiary. It also lists that there will be no pause or break in my contract and I am, and will remain an ongoing employee of the group after I move to the US. I'll also take 6 months of payslips. My pre transfer income is approx 3x the amount required and post transfer income about 5x. Can you advise, in your opinion if all this is sufficient? 

Also, the nature of this route doesn't appear to be all that common, do you think it is wise to get a co-sponsor just in case to take with me to the interview?  Thanks in adv.

No advice I can really give on your situation, though I can fully understand going through something different than most people. We are having to deal with how to handle not being required to fill out the I-864 (hubby accrued over the 40 credit quarters before we left the US last year to be exempt), but there is no current guidance. So we are kind of flying by the seat of our pants since no one at the embassy has any idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

My pre transfer income is approx 3x the amount required and post transfer income about 5x. Can you advise, in your opinion if all this is sufficient? 

I think that sounds like it meets all the criteria set forth by law and will be acceptable. London is pretty easy going and won’t be trying to cook up some obscure reason to fail you on this.  If I was in the same situation, I would go with your transfer information. It is very thorough. 

3 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

I think that sounds like it meets all the criteria set forth by law and will be acceptable. London is pretty easy going and won’t be trying to cook up some obscure reason to fail you on this.  If I was in the same situation, I would go with your transfer information. It is very thorough. 

Thanks for this. It’s really appreciated. As you can imagine in the present climate I don’t want to risk an administrative processing after being fortunate enough to get an interview in the current climate, so I’m really trying to get everything covered off. 

Also I’m sure I speak for everyone here in DCF saying thanks for hanging in there with us. It’s a dying feed due to the nature of DCF ending but have noted you’re a regular ‘seasoned’ commenter in our section so your responses are appreciated and really valued. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.