UmeshJ

i130 F4 Category - Awaiting interview

19 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My process from NVC was 'documentarily Qualified' on 6th June 2019 yet I have not received any interview letter since then. I am from the UK filed under the Brother&Sister category F4. 

Any one have any information on how long this takes? It will be one year next week waiting for an interview from the embassy!

Thanks

Worldwide routine visa services are suspended. I don't believe London has announced a reopening date yet. And once it does, they will be going through all the people from back in March wen it was suspended first.

Also, F4 visas are banned under an EO at this time. The embassy may not even schedule this until that EO is expired (or you can demonstrate exemption from it).

Also, being within the UK - among other nearby countries - at any point within the last 14 days is prohibited to enter the US under a different EO.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Worldwide routine visa services are suspended. I don't believe London has announced a reopening date yet. And once it does, they will be going through all the people from back in March wen it was suspended first.

Also, F4 visas are banned under an EO at this time. The embassy may not even schedule this until that EO is expired (or you can demonstrate exemption from it).

Also, being within the UK - among other nearby countries - at any point within the last 14 days is prohibited to enter the US under a different EO.

Thanks for your reply, I know currently visas are suspended. USCIS site mentions possibly reopening of 6th June. Not sure about London Embassy reopening that may be 15th June as they have announced business will reopen then. 

Aren't all visas F1, F2, F3 and 4 banned at this time as Trump has halted all immigration?

10 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

Thanks for your reply, I know currently visas are suspended. USCIS site mentions possibly reopening of 6th June. Not sure about London Embassy reopening that may be 15th June as they have announced business will reopen then. 

Keep watching the embassy's website as that's where the information is likely to come from. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

10 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

Aren't all visas F1, F2, F3 and 4 banned at this time as Trump has halted all immigration?

All family-preference IVs - among other IVs - are suspended under one of the recent EOs.

"All immigration" is misleading, as the exemptions to the EO roughly cover around the same number of cases as it actually bans.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

22 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

Those visa types and one or two others are banned, not all immigration. What is your priority date?

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Those visa types and one or two others are banned, not all immigration. What is your priority date?

My priority date is 15 Apr 2005 

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Is your country of chargeability UK? 

Country of chargeability is India as I was initially born in India

26 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

Country of chargeability is India as I was initially born in India

Ah, well that explains why you don’t have an interview scheduled yet. As of June, F4 for India is only current until 22 Jan 2005. Depending how scheduling goes after embassies reopen and when the F4 ban ends, you will  probably have at least a couple of months to go still. 
I noticed in one of your other threads you were talking about CSPA. Note that you can only do the final CSPA calculation once you have a visa number available (= when your priority date is current).

6 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ah, well that explains why you don’t have an interview scheduled yet. As of June, F4 for India is only current until 22 Jan 2005. Depending how scheduling goes after embassies reopen and when the F4 ban ends, you will  probably have at least a couple of months to go still. 
I noticed in one of your other threads you were talking about CSPA. Note that you can only do the final CSPA calculation once you have a visa number available (= when your priority date is current).

Thanks for the explanation! It is so long, I have waited 15 years now for this! In regards to CSPA it seems the children are aged out already anyway so even if they were to do the CSPA calculation once the priority date was current this would not change would it?

13 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

Thanks for the explanation! It is so long, I have waited 15 years now for this! In regards to CSPA it seems the children are aged out already anyway so even if they were to do the CSPA calculation once the priority date was current this would not change would it?

Yes, if they have already aged out then they are definitely not eligible. 

17 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, if they have already aged out then they are definitely not eligible. 

Just checking you’ve done the calculation - sometimes NVC takes derivatives off even when they are still eligible (and leaves them on when they’re not). It wasn’t clear to me from the other thread whether you’d double checked.

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Just checking you’ve done the calculation - sometimes NVC takes derivatives off even when they are still eligible (and leaves them on when they’re not). It wasn’t clear to me from the other thread whether you’d double checked.

I believe I have done the calculation, not sure if I did it correct though! NVC did say even though the names were taken off, when I would go for the interview I could discuss further to see if they would allow it. It seems a little silly really as you can control everything else they expect you not to do but you cannot control the age. They are the ones who take years for the cases to be approved so why should we suffer on their behalf right?

9 minutes ago, UmeshJ said:

I believe I have done the calculation, not sure if I did it correct though! NVC did say even though the names were taken off, when I would go for the interview I could discuss further to see if they would allow it. It seems a little silly really as you can control everything else they expect you not to do but you cannot control the age. They are the ones who take years for the cases to be approved so why should we suffer on their behalf right?

Well - the whole point of CSPA is that you don’t get penalized if they take a long time to approve the case (which is a uscis “fault”), however that is different from just waiting for the priority date to become current (which is not the fault of uscis but due to the queue of people waiting vs the legal annual quota).
The CO at the interview will simply apply the formula and see if you qualify or don’t - it’s not really for “discussion”. If you care to share birth date and approval date I’d be happy to double check if you want. (Just to clarify a common error - approval date is not the date you get called to submit the documents but the date on the i797 notice that the petition has been approved by USCIS).

On 6/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Well - the whole point of CSPA is that you don’t get penalized if they take a long time to approve the case (which is a uscis “fault”), however that is different from just waiting for the priority date to become current (which is not the fault of uscis but due to the queue of people waiting vs the legal annual quota).
The CO at the interview will simply apply the formula and see if you qualify or don’t - it’s not really for “discussion”. If you care to share birth date and approval date I’d be happy to double check if you want. (Just to clarify a common error - approval date is not the date you get called to submit the documents but the date on the i797 notice that the petition has been approved by USCIS).

My i-130 was approved on 08/21/2009 by USCIS is that the date you need? The child birthdate is 9th March 1992 and 24th Nov 1990

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.