Jump to content
Brandon & Josue

Complete K-1 Guide Seems Incomplete

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello! I'm trying to understand the exact order of steps for getting a K-1 visa. Right now I'm waiting for the I-129F to be approved. VisaJourney has a "step-by-step" guide but it doesn't seem to be complete. It does have a lot of helpful information on how to file the I-129F. But after that, I'm not seeing instructions step-by-step.

 

On the VJ step-by-step guide, there is no mention of when to file DS-160. This worries me because it doesn't seem step-by-step if it's missing an important piece like that. Is there a place where I can actually see the full steps?

 

Is it possible the embassy will tell the beneficiary to file the DS-160? What other forms do I (the petitioner) need to file? I just feel like I'm missing things or will miss certain forms...

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brandon & Josue said:

Hello! I'm trying to understand the exact order of steps for getting a K-1 visa. Right now I'm waiting for the I-129F to be approved. VisaJourney has a "step-by-step" guide but it doesn't seem to be complete. It does have a lot of helpful information on how to file the I-129F. But after that, I'm not seeing instructions step-by-step.

 

On the VJ step-by-step guide, there is no mention of when to file DS-160. This worries me because it doesn't seem step-by-step if it's missing an important piece like that. Is there a place where I can actually see the full steps?

 

Is it possible the embassy will tell the beneficiary to file the DS-160? What other forms do I (the petitioner) need to file? I just feel like I'm missing things or will miss certain forms...

 

Thank you.

A lot of the steps after K1 approval are country specific. Some countries have requirements others don't. There should be a subgroup for the country of the beneficiary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

@Villanelle I appreciate your response. Yes, I have seen the flowchart and it does help slightly. However, many things are unclear.

 

It says, "8. Forms and Checklist sent to foreign Beneficiary." Does that mean the Department of State will tell the beneficiary to file the DS-160 at that time? Or is that something we should do without them telling us?

 

@Solaris81 Thanks, I didn't know that. Do you mean a lot of steps after I-129F approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Brandon & Josue said:

@Villanelle

 

@Solaris81 Thanks, I didn't know that. Do you mean a lot of steps after I-129F approval?

Some steps after I-129F are different. My fiancée is in the Philippines and I know she has to go to a seminar called CFO as well as doing the medical and interview.

 

Some countries allow you to pay for the visa fee, medical and interviews online. Others don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline
26 minutes ago, Brandon & Josue said:

@Villanelle I appreciate your response. Yes, I have seen the flowchart and it does help slightly. However, many things are unclear.

 

It says, "8. Forms and Checklist sent to foreign Beneficiary." Does that mean the Department of State will tell the beneficiary to file the DS-160 at that time? Or is that something we should do without them telling us?

 

@Solaris81 Thanks, I didn't know that. Do you mean a lot of steps after I-129F approval?

At step 8 the beneficiary will receive a package from the Embassy explaining everything they need to do like the medical and the DS and how they can set up their appointment. As Solaris said some countries have specific additional requirements- it will all be in their package of instructions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything’s that needed to be filled out, completed and brought will be mentioned with the packet or email your fiancé will receive from the embassy. There’s more time for that and in the meantime you probably could get a head start by reviewing necessary documents for the i134 and on obtaining vaccinations and police reports.

It’s probably best to wait to actually do these tasks until after the NVC forwards your case to the embassy, once it’s approved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...