Mattallie

Travel Acceptance Letter to US?

7 posts in this topic

Hello - My fiance has a flight from Dubai to Chicago on June 3 through Emirates Airlines. We were originally told this was a passenger flight, not a repatriation flight, so we booked it immediately. They are now telling us this flight is a "special flight" and anyone that does not have a US Passport or is not a US citizen will not be allowed to board unless they have a "Travel Acceptance Letter" from the Dubai consulate. Problem is it's EID holiday and the consulate offices are closed until May 26. Has anyone heard of a "Travel Acceptance Letter"? Since the consulate is closed there, is there anyone I can contact in the US that can provide this letter? USCIS?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mattallie said:

Hello - My fiance has a flight from Dubai to Chicago on June 3 through Emirates Airlines. We were originally told this was a passenger flight, not a repatriation flight, so we booked it immediately. They are now telling us this flight is a "special flight" and anyone that does not have a US Passport or is not a US citizen will not be allowed to board unless they have a "Travel Acceptance Letter" from the Dubai consulate. Problem is it's EID holiday and the consulate offices are closed until May 26. Has anyone heard of a "Travel Acceptance Letter"? Since the consulate is closed there, is there anyone I can contact in the US that can provide this letter? USCIS?

1st Congrats on booking that flight. It's a wonderful milestone. Regarding, the letter, i believe ONLY the local embassy can provide you with the letter. Dont know what others think. 

You have b/w  5/26 and 6/2 to reach out to the embassy.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2020 at 7:37 PM, Mattallie said:

Any luck on this? I know Emirates is revisiting repatriation vs. passenger flights so this may not be an issue anymore... 

Hi! My Fiance is flying as we speak! He boarded the flight a few hours ago with no issues. We had emailed the consulate and they told us they are not issuing any type of travel acceptance letter. All you need is a valid US Visa. I'm not sure why the Emirates operator suggested otherwise. 

Congratulations :)  @Mattallie...... I am gonna take flight from Dubai on July 3, hopefully it will be all smooth, please share your fiance experience when he landed and passed the immigration, it will be helpful for many including me here. 

Stay blessed ☺️

11 hours ago, Raizee said:

Congratulations :)  @Mattallie...... I am gonna take flight from Dubai on July 3, hopefully it will be all smooth, please share your fiance experience when he landed and passed the immigration, it will be helpful for many including me here. 

Stay blessed ☺️

Flight was smooth. He flew emirates and they practiced social distancing. Everyone seemed to have a whole row to themselves. Customs was quick! The Officer just asked him two questions:

1. What is your fiancé’s name?

2. When did you get your police clearance?

He ruffled through the packet. Stamped the police clearance, stamped his passport and said “OK, you’re good to go!”.

That was it! Took no more than 5 mins. My fiancé said the officer was very friendly.

Wishing you good luck and safe travels! 😊

3 hours ago, Mattallie said:

Flight was smooth. He flew emirates and they practiced social distancing. Everyone seemed to have a whole row to themselves. Customs was quick! The Officer just asked him two questions:

1. What is your fiancé’s name?

2. When did you get your police clearance?

He ruffled through the packet. Stamped the police clearance, stamped his passport and said “OK, you’re good to go!”.

That was it! Took no more than 5 mins. My fiancé said the officer was very friendly.

Wishing you good luck and safe travels! 😊

Thank you for the information, one question please if you can answer,? did he got new police clearance certificates before flying? or its the same one which we get before our embassy interviews?

I appreciate your response. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.