jawbone8547

Czech Republic Group

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Dear Jeff,

We are processing only K visa petitions that meet humanitarian or medical exceptions:

U.S. Embassy in Prague is resuming certain immigrant visa services, including:  IR1, IR2, CR1 and CR2.  While U.S. Embassy Prague aims to process cases as soon as possible, there is likely to be increased wait times for visa services due to substantial backlogs.  If you fall into one of the immigrant visa categories above and have immediate, emergency travel, please email us for an appointment at PragueIVP@state.gov.  Otherwise, please continue to work with our colleagues at the National Visa Center (NVC) and the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) in regards to scheduling your visa appointment. 

As it pertains to your K-1 visa case, unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to process K-1 visas, unless your case meets a humanitarian or medical exception to the Presidential Proclamation restricting travel from the Schengen area to the United States.  If you believe your case merits an exception (life or death, serious humanitarian, medical, etc.) please email us detailing your situation and we will make a determination on whether we can process your case.  Otherwise, we ask that you wait until the Presidential Proclamation is lifted and we are able to resume processing routine K-1 visa interviews (probably not until 2021).

Best,

U.S. Embassy Prague

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello all. My wife who is a national from the Czech Republic came as a K1 visa holder and we got married now in June. Years ago she went to secondary school and received her vysvedcini o maturitni zkousce. I am her USC husband and I am trying to figure out if that form with her final test subjects and grades is all she needs to have her certificate evaluated as a high school diploma or will she need all the four years of all courses evaluated. Anyone has experience or information on this?

• 2 months later...
Timeline

@Daja and Nathan @Kojenec @carak @Vexion94

Hello,

I noticed on your timelines that you recently interviewed at the US embassy in the Czech Republic, was approved, and moved to the US.  My Fiance had her interview today and while they gave her verbal approval they said they would not grant the visa based on the US Travel ban.  Was this an error on their part and how were you able to get the visa from the embassy?  They told her they would grant approval based only if the medical exam was about to expire(6 Months) or if I needed support.  Thank you

Edited by jawbone8547

Timeline
1 minute ago, jawbone8547 said:

Hello,

I noticed on your timelines that you recently interviewed at the US embassy in the Czech Republic, was approved, and moved to the US.  My Fiance had her interview today and while they gave her verbal approval they said they would not grant the visa based on the US Travel ban.  Was this an error on their part and how were you able to get the visa from the embassy?  They told her that would grant approval based only if the medical exam was about to expire(6 Months) or if I needed support.  Thank you

Hello, it might be different now. But I got my visa 3 days after an interview and even NIE (national interest exception) for travel ban. They said it is changing all the time and that we got very lucky. Also travel ban should be over by end of the year right? Keep your head up ;) 

Timeline
16 hours ago, jawbone8547 said:

Hello,

I noticed on your timelines that you recently interviewed at the US embassy in the Czech Republic, was approved, and moved to the US.  My Fiance had her interview today and while they gave her verbal approval they said they would not grant the visa based on the US Travel ban.  Was this an error on their part and how were you able to get the visa from the embassy?  They told her they would grant approval based only if the medical exam was about to expire(6 Months) or if I needed support.  Thank you

They told us to come pick up the visa a week after the interview and it came with the NIE. It was a few weeks before the lawsuit ruling so I bet that changed how they do things. It all seems random to me

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi All - 

What did everyone pay for the medical appointment in Prague? It seems really high - 11,900 CZK ($551 USD). 

Is that about standard? We had our case transferred because the embassy in Belgrade is closed due to Covid, but the medical in Serbia was projected at around $200 USD so the double amount that CZ is charging was a total shock to me. Anyone else have input on this?

Hi all,

Happy to find this group! I am Finnish by nationality but I live in Prague since 2015. Super exciting to see that USEM in Prague has been approving several K-1s in the last several months, unlike most European countries.

@mrytht I think the amount differs country to country, most countries I have seen have a lower price than CZ :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 12:34 AM, jawbone8547 said:

Hello,

Hi jawbone8547,

did your fiance already get the visa? I am a bit freaked out by your message, it will really really suck if they don't give out the visa after an approved interview because of the travel ban.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 9:31 PM, kirri said:

Well there were available dates starting April 19th. But I need to get done my medical first, so I'm going for the interview in May.

Hi! Can you tell me the order of activities after you saw your case was ready at the embassy? You saw your case status "Ready" and then you contacted the embassy to schedule? When did you complete DS160? Did the embassy give you the list of docs you need to bring?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.