jawbone8547

Czech Republic Group

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hey all,

I thought I would start a group for those of us going through the Process from the Czech Republic.  Hopefully you can check in when things start moving forward.  

@Lucie&Daniel

@Chap7

@Daja and Nathan

@Kojenec

@EvaH

@carak

@Vexion94

Timeline

Hi @Kojenec

Awesome,    Looks like you are a little further along then me so would love to hear your experience.  Have you reached out or heard anything about the US embassy in Prague opening?

Timeline

@jawbone8547 The only thing I know so far is that they might start visa services in June again. But this is soooo uncertain. I've been told the same thing in April, that they might start in May. That makes me feel kinda desperate :(  But I've seen that some people from other countries who already did the interview back in February and their passports were held are getting their passports with visa back. So it seems like things are moving a litlle bit :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 11:48 AM, Kojenec said:

Hi @jawbone8547! :) That's a good idea to start a group here. Some of us are in touch on Facebook Messenger. Hopefully the suspension of visa services will be lifted soon! 😥

Hey, we (me and my fiance) have just sent our K1 petition two weeks ago, so I am looking for a group of people in the same situation to share some info. Can you add me to the messenger group, please? :)

Timeline
On 7/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, jawbone8547 said:

Here's their rules on what they passed:  

https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/cz/informace_pro_cizince/aktuality/nesezdane_pary_vstup_na_uzemi_cr.html 

We don't have a shared address or child or anything so I think a copy of our NOA2 and our past vacation tickets might suffice for their proof so I can go over there to visit him :) our case is still at the NVC since April so no telling when it'll arrive there

Timeline
3 hours ago, carak said:

https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/cz/informace_pro_cizince/aktuality/nesezdane_pary_vstup_na_uzemi_cr.html 

We don't have a shared address or child or anything so I think a copy of our NOA2 and our past vacation tickets might suffice for their proof so I can go over there to visit him :) our case is still at the NVC since April so no telling when it'll arrive there

Thats great.  I have an expired permanent residence card from Prague with our shared address so hopefully that works. 

On a side note since I have not been bugging the embassy,  I saw someone on a facebook group say they just got a email from Prague resuming K1's starting in August. 

IMG_0661.jpg

Timeline
23 hours ago, carak said:

Would you let us know how it goes? I'd love to have my fiancé visit but not sure if NOA1 + flight tickets with both of our names will be enough of a proof.

Timeline
On 5/17/2020 at 6:18 AM, Kojenec said:

@jawbone8547 The only thing I know so far is that they might start visa services in June again. But this is soooo uncertain. I've been told the same thing in April, that they might start in May. That makes me feel kinda desperate :(  But I've seen that some people from other countries who already did the interview back in February and their passports were held are getting their passports with visa back. So it seems like things are moving a litlle bit :) 

@KojenecI just saw your timeline Congratulations!!!!  Everything went ok?  Did you ask for an emergency interview in Prague or did they just start processing for you?

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/21/2020 at 7:42 PM, Claire6 said:

Would you let us know how it goes? I'd love to have my fiancé visit but not sure if NOA1 + flight tickets with both of our names will be enough of a proof.

Hi, I applied for it last week and sent them the I129F receipt and our lease agreement. Got it back within an hour, no questions asked. So that was pretty easy :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, kirri said:

Hi, I applied for it last week and sent them the I129F receipt and our lease agreement. Got it back within an hour, no questions asked. So that was pretty easy :)

right, hopefully they let mine in too despite not having any lease together. We are waiting till September.

Edited by Claire6

Timeline
21 hours ago, Claire6 said:

right, hopefully they let mine in too despite not having any lease together. We are waiting till September.

I believe that K1 visa application is enough to prove your relationship. Fingers crossed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.