Arlette

K1-Interview Preparation

7 posts in this topic

Under the Step-by-Step Guide on the Visa Journey Page for "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2)"

2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. 

What does this refer to? The documentary proof that we met, such as pictures or plane tickets?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Arlette said:

Under the Step-by-Step Guide on the Visa Journey Page for "What to send to your fiance once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2)"

2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. 

What does this refer to? The documentary proof that we met, such as pictures or plane tickets?

Thank you!

Its referring to the entire petition package, though this is not necessary 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Arlette said:

Thank you!

I made two copies of the I129F packet that I sent to USCIS. One copy is for me. The other for my fiancee.

22 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

I made two copies of the I129F packet that I sent to USCIS. One copy is for me. The other for my fiancee.

I did likewise, lots of people say this is not necessary. Although I don't agree that it is not necessary I do agree it is a personal choice based on how much you want your beneficiary to be equipped or in other words giving your beneficiary EVERY chance at success during the interview. My beneficiary was a bit more at ease during her interview (and she was grilled). USEM did not ask for any additional documents as our petition was loaded. If giving your beneficiary nothing else it gives them  an information roadmap and or a guide in preparation of the interview. Again I realize it's a personal choice and I always recommend sending the entire petition!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Although some people say it isn't necessary, I feel like having more evidence and documents is always the smarter and safer way to go! I am a over-preparer, so I gave my now husband all of the documents to take with him. They didn't ask for any of it but it did make both of us feel more secure and prepared. If they asked for anything, we would have had it.

55 minutes ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Although some people say it isn't necessary, I feel like having more evidence and documents is always the smarter and safer way to go! I am a over-preparer, so I gave my now husband all of the documents to take with him. They didn't ask for any of it but it did make both of us feel more secure and prepared. If they asked for anything, we would have had it.

Exactly my thoughts!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ash&Jaye said:

Of course the consular didn't ask for any of the previously submitted information because they have the complete file in front of them already. 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.