AzoTBG

Transfer to local offices opinion

59 posts in this topic

Howdy, joining this party, my wife and I submitted her i751 at the end of December, was received 2 January at SRC and biometrics done 13 February. On 12 May according to my uscis her case was transferred to our local office, which is San Antonio, Texas. Hoping she will see an approval in a month or two.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

8 hours ago, Snorkel378 said:

Howdy, joining this party, my wife and I submitted her i751 at the end of December, was received 2 January at SRC and biometrics done 13 February. On 12 May according to my uscis her case was transferred to our local office, which is San Antonio, Texas. Hoping she will see an approval in a month or two.

What is your receipt number without the last three digits? Thanks!

Edited by tu2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I having been tracking these anomalous, out-of-order approvals for case filed from July 2019 through Jan 2020 with receipts numbers starting with SRC that have been happening since start of May 2020.

Mid/End of July 2019 (SRC1990466xxx onwards) to End of Sept 2019 (SRC1990569xxx) there are approx 6000 I-751 RoC cases. About 35% have been approved. There have been so many approvals that I have not been able to keep up. So in reality more may have been approved. Also a bunch of them have "ready for interview" status. So there is a good chance that about 40% of those cases have been "processed" in some way.

Start of Oct (SRC209000xxx onwards) to Mid Jan 2020 (SRC2090147xxx) there are approx 7000 RoC cases. About 15% have been approved. There is a large chunk in November 2019 - about middle two or three weeks that has just "case received" status and no other updates - so unusual. So there is a good chance that about 17.5% to 20% have been "processed" in some way.

Again this is a macro-overview of what is happening. There is no relation to what may happen with your own individual case.

Overall, for people who are filing now or have since Feb 2020 with receipt number starting with SRC, there is a possibility that their processing may reduce by 2 months or so. Nothing earth shattering, but we will take what we can get.

Edited by tu2008

32 minutes ago, tu2008 said:

I having been tracking these anomalous, out-of-order approvals for case filed from July 2019 through Jan 2020 with receipts numbers starting with SRC that have been happening since start of May 2020.

Mid/End of July 2019 (SRC1990466xxx onwards) to End of Sept 2019 (SRC1990569xxx) there are approx 6000 I-751 RoC cases. About 35% have been approved. There have been so many approvals that I have not been able to keep up. So in reality more may have been approved. Also a bunch of them have "ready for interview" status. So there is a good chance that about 40% of those cases have been "processed" in some way.

Start of Oct (SRC209000xxx onwards) to Mid Jan 2020 (SRC2090147xxx) there are approx 7000 RoC cases. About 15% have been approved. There is a large chunk in November 2019 - about middle two or three weeks that has just "case received" status and no other updates - so unusual. So there is a good chance that about 17.5% to 20% have been "processed" in some way.

Again this is a macro-overview of what is happening. There is no relation to what may happen with your own individual case.

Overall, for people who are filing now or have since Feb 2020 with receipt number starting with SRC, there is a possibility that their processing may reduce by 2 months or so. Nothing earth shattering, but we will take what we can get.

are you a engineer? 

Thanks for sharing

6 hours ago, Snorkel378 said:

So, Polar Pear, this is improving the back log? In your opinion, how long are cases transferred to local offices taking to be adjudicated?

There's no way to tell that, every local office is different. 

There's approval within days, and some cases are waiting for a month now.

I am waiting for 3 weeks now. Hopefully hear something by the time offices open.

My opinion is if they open on June 4th as they said, they'll start mailing interviews for n400 and i485, my guess interviews will start in July.

So if one does not get approved by July, it's gonna be long wait.

11 hours ago, AzoTBG said:

There's no way to tell that, every local office is different. 

There's approval within days, and some cases are waiting for a month now.

I am waiting for 3 weeks now. Hopefully hear something by the time offices open.

My opinion is if they open on June 4th as they said, they'll start mailing interviews for n400 and i485, my guess interviews will start in July.

So if one does not get approved by July, it's gonna be long wait.

I agree with this but a lot of case transferred to local office are forsure getting movement. 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, tu2008 said:

yes, I am 😃

me too! maybe that's why im interested haha

7 hours ago, PolarPear said:

I agree with this but a lot of case transferred to local office are forsure getting movement. 

me too! maybe that's why im interested haha

Yeah I’m also hoping that my wife’s will come through super early through virtue of being transferred to our office.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, iShirley said:

Filed with Texas Service Center... with receipt number SRC1990368***

Here is my timeline:

May 7th, 2019 - Sent i-751 via FedEx overnight

May 16th, 2019 - Received NOA with RECEIVED DATE showing as 05/08/2019 and NOTICE DATE showing as 05/13/2019

Sept 27th, 2019 - Received Letter dated 09/20/2019 that biometrics will be waived

11/16/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter with NOTICE DATE 11/08/2019 scheduled for 11/29/2019

11/30/2019 - Online update stating fingerprints reviewed complete and later updating to fingerprints have been applied to your case

05/06/2020 - Received an email stating action had been taken on my case. On egov.uscis.gov, last updated date changed to 05/06/2020 but description still stated as of Nov 29th 2019, fingerprints relating to your case has been applied but on the my.uscis.gov site, it says case was received at your local office.

Attached herein is a screenshot of my case history on the my.uscis.gov website. 

Screenshot_20200513-162032_Chrome.jpg

Update!!!

Got an sms and email notification from USCIS today and my case status updated on the egov.uscis.gov website to state Card Is Being Produced, while my my.uscis.gov status is still at Case Received At Local Office. 

20200526_121152.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.