visaq123

Dominican Republic Filers

40 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, visaq123 said:

Hi everyone. Who is in the process with a loved one from DR?

Hi! We are adjusting status now but am happy to try to help! My husband and I went through the process last year and he got here in January! 

11 hours ago, kec523 said:

Hi! We are adjusting status now but am happy to try to help! My husband and I went through the process last year and he got here in January! 

I am at the same place. We got accepted for k1 in Dec2019 and he also arrived in January. Is your process paused?

31 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

I am at the same place. We got accepted for k1 in Dec2019 and he also arrived in January. Is your process paused?

Oh okay great! Yep! We had a really hard time getting our AOS paperwork accepted, it took 3 tries. We are all good now but didn't get a biometrics appointment before all of this started so we are on hold. 

You should join our what'sapp group! All people doing K1 and CR1 visas who have a partner/spouse in the DR! Do you want the info? 

4 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Oh okay great! Yep! We had a really hard time getting our AOS paperwork accepted, it took 3 tries. We are all good now but didn't get a biometrics appointment before all of this started so we are on hold. 

You should join our what'sapp group! All people doing K1 and CR1 visas who have a partner/spouse in the DR! Do you want the info? 

sure that would be great!  i’m in the same boat as you. just waiting for biometrics stuff 

53 minutes ago, kec523 said:

I will send you the link to join in a message! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and his two children are immigrating from the D.R.  We are now at the NVC stage.  Still gathering paperwork to be uploaded and getting passports for the children. 

On 5/29/2020 at 5:00 AM, AEE12RD22 said:

Does anyone have info on when the embassy there will be opening back up? 

it looks like the D.R. may extend their state of emergency until July 1.  I doubt the embassy will open any sooner.  I am sure the embassy website will announce their opening as soon as they know something.  All we can do is wait...we should be used to that by now, but it's still hard.

On 6/10/2020 at 6:27 AM, sbarbie1914 said:

it looks like the D.R. may extend their state of emergency until July 1.  I doubt the embassy will open any sooner.  I am sure the embassy website will announce their opening as soon as they know something.  All we can do is wait...we should be used to that by now, but it's still hard.

I know about the extension and that they plan to open in stages as many countries are.. We are currently waiting the interview now. Finally this far and on a hold. Frustrating! To my understanding Santo Domingo embassy is doing emergency appointments only. Tired of waiting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, kec523 said:

Good morning! Just wondering if I as well could get that info.. I haven’t found much for DR to follow here. Thank you in advance.

You can also check the embassy website for updates and they also have a Facebook and Twitter account.  

We are at the NVC stage waiting to be approved and scheduled for an embassy appointment.  I figure there's a 3 month backlog of folks ahead of us, so I am just trying to be patient.  Meanwhile, airports in the D.R. are reopening to some flights and my husband will come for a visit in August or September.

The Embassy isn’t giving much info .. I already follow on Facebook and check their web site.. I have been at this for some time, I know these things.. But better to hear from other people’s reports to get a better idea rather than waiting for the embassy to give more info than they are.

Edited by AEE12RD22

There is nothing to report.  No one knows when the embassy will open.  The country is barely open for business.  It only seems reasonable that the actual embassy will know when it will reopen for immigration processing before a member of the public would.  No amount of searching and asking the same question over and over will get you an answer any faster.

I’m sorry, but that information is false.. Where other people with interviews in other embassies are posting they got interview dates already, the embassy pages still show that they are closed. Follow other forums and u will see that.. and that is what i am trying to find and follow. And the statement about the country barely being open for business, there are Dominican Government offices open since back in May. Make sure your info is accurate.. I was just there March to April. Just saying. I know what’s going on there and here.. Info on appointments will arise before the embassy declares it is opened.. and that’s what I am looking for. That is what this page is for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.