ShayrineC

AOS Application Returned - Help Needed

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi guys, urgently need help about my AOS application. Sent it out on the 14th, and i just got a rejection notice today.

On the rejection notice, it said that i-944 and i-864 was required. But I submitted both of the forms with tons of supporting evidence so I am unable to tell what is wrong? Also N/A'ed all the appropriate sections that didnt apply to me.

One thing that bugs me is that they returned the i-485, i-864 and i-864a, but my entire i-944 and supporting documents was not. Is it possible that it got lost inside the system?

Also, I had file for AP and EAD at the same time, but those forms and documents were not returned to me either. When i refile my AOS package, would I have to refile these forms as well?

Any advice on the above would be really appreciated.

USCIS makes a lot of mistakes recently. Reprint whole set of your AOS documents, don't assume they have anything left from your 1st submission. 

Double check everything, consider making a check-list for them. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

USCIS makes a lot of mistakes recently. Reprint whole set of your AOS documents, don't assume they have anything left from your 1st submission. 

Double check everything, consider making a check-list for them. Good luck.

Thanks. They didnt return my AP and EAD forms but they had returned all 6 passport photographs we sent. Does this mean I should be re-filing for AP and EAD too?

It is near impossible they would have missed my i-944, the evidence we submitted was the thickest part of the package. Reprinting them is ugh.

I am considering reusing evidence that they did return, would that be okay?

Just now, ShayrineC said:

Thanks. They didnt return my AP and EAD forms but they had returned all 6 passport photographs we sent. Does this mean I should be re-filing for AP and EAD too?

It is near impossible they would have missed my i-944, the evidence we submitted was the thickest part of the package. Reprinting them is ugh.

I am considering reusing evidence that they did return, would that be okay?

Yes, please recheck to make sure there is no missing pages within forms and reuse them,  reprint missing forms / evidences.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi SG-an, 

When we sent in the package... we butterfly binder clip EACH I-485, 131, 765, 864 SEPARATELY and then tie with a rubber band.

We also included a cover page indicating 4 PACKAGES, and itemized each doc in each package.

Did you guys do that?   May reduce risk of lost documents.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, ShayrineC said:

Hi guys, urgently need help about my AOS application. Sent it out on the 14th, and i just got a rejection notice today.

On the rejection notice, it said that i-944 and i-864 was required. But I submitted both of the forms with tons of supporting evidence so I am unable to tell what is wrong? Also N/A'ed all the appropriate sections that didnt apply to me.

One thing that bugs me is that they returned the i-485, i-864 and i-864a, but my entire i-944 and supporting documents was not. Is it possible that it got lost inside the system?

Also, I had file for AP and EAD at the same time, but those forms and documents were not returned to me either. When i refile my AOS package, would I have to refile these forms as well?

Any advice on the above would be really appreciated.

There have been multiple cases similar to yours reported in the last 1-2 months. USCIS is indeed making a lot of mistakes lately. My guess is the absurd amount of evidence needed for the I-944.

20 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Hi SG-an, 

When we sent in the package... we butterfly binder clip EACH I-485, 131, 765, 864 SEPARATELY and then tie with a rubber band.

We also included a cover page indicating 4 PACKAGES, and itemized each doc in each package.

Did you guys do that?   May reduce risk of lost documents.

This sounds like a great idea. OP, do this when you re-send everything.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Bjh said:

There have been multiple cases similar to yours reported in the last 1-2 months. USCIS is indeed making a lot of mistakes lately. My guess is the absurd amount of evidence needed for the I-944.

This sounds like a great idea. OP, do this when you re-send everything.

The most annoying thing is that I had written a three page cover letter detailing every single item in our petition. And they returned everything except the i944 and the evidence. That was a lot of reprinting lol. 

Reading the posts in this site, im reading strange posts of people getting rejected because they haven't submitted the i944 when they clearly had.

On a hunch I went to the USCIS tracker and input the rejection receipt number and nothing was found. Neither could the USCIS officer find anything about my rejection receipt when I called in. Just feels super strange and I'm just frustrated and worried that we are going to be rejected again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.