Italian7

New Orleans Field Office,

120 posts in this topic

Hi Guys! Kindly assist!

My interview was scheduled on this date and up till this moment I have not received my notice. I have contacted USCIS, I was told Tier 2 would reach back to me within 14 business days. Now I’m worried.

I also reached out to someone whom we were scheduled on same day & same field office, she’s yet to receive her own too.

What can I do?

B6774154-BCF0-4ABC-ADB0-78AC5AADB432.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dutch_lee said:

Hi Guys! Kindly assist!

My interview was scheduled on this date and up till this moment I have not received my notice. I have contacted USCIS, I was told Tier 2 would reach back to me within 14 business days. Now I’m worried.

I also reached out to someone whom we were scheduled on same day & same field office, she’s yet to receive her own too.

What can I do?

B6774154-BCF0-4ABC-ADB0-78AC5AADB432.jpeg

Call USCIS again, ask for a Tier 2 and ask them if they can email you the letter. Some had positive experiences with that method and got their letter emailed.

21 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Nah I had the card is being produced update the same day and approved 3 days later just before it jumped to card is sent. So both will probably update to approved together any day now.

My card is still somewhere out there. Filed a missing mail request today.

You were right, i-130 went to 'approved' two days after the interview and the i-485 says 'card mailed' today (three days after interview).

Good luck @dutch_lee ! I think you'll get that notice soon, as last week's storm holdup is cleared out. I was able to get through to an agent on a Friday afternoon once but the other times I couldn't even get past the automated system.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, volts said:

You were right, i-130 went to 'approved' two days after the interview and the i-485 says 'card mailed' today (three days after interview).

Awesome 🎉🎉 my card is finally coming closer. After seven days of nothing it made it to MS today and should get delivered tomorrow. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

We just finished our interview yesterday. Waited about 30 minutes. The woman was nice enough but clearly had not reviewed our application at all before we entered in. Asked my husband about his parents, about his clubs he belongs to? That was odd. And then asked for updates like photos, bills we pay together, proof we live together, etc. Also asked us how we met how we got engaged, our wedding, etc. It all went relatively smoothly. However, at the end, she just stated that she didnt see any red flags at the moment, but had to review further and we would get an answer within 3-4 weeks...

we were really disappointed as we have had some friends go through the NOLA office and were told IN the interview that they were approved. We just are dying to be done with this entire nightmare. So we're bummed and worried. Our status online as of the next day still states "interview complete and case must be reviewed." Will keep you posted. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys!😉 My card finally made it today to my mailbox;) Here is my timeline, if this info will be helpful to somebody:

Jan 5, 2021 Interview scheduled

March 17, 2021 Interview

March 18, 2021 Case approved, then Card produced

March 22, 2021 Card was mailed to me.

Interview went well and smooth, our officer was a very nice lady, went through questions from our application, asked if there any changes in my life - like address, job etc. Would I like to add some documents or photos, any kind of supporting docs- like bank statements, bills, insurances, lease on our names etc.All process was easy, she said she need to review our case and we will be notified about decision. So, all in all, it was a “breeze” for me, all people in office were friendly. 
 I’m really thankful to all of you, who shared timelines and experiences here and wish good luck to those who still in process 🙂

Timeline
7 hours ago, Dianav1211 said:

Hi all,

We just finished our interview yesterday. Waited about 30 minutes. The woman was nice enough but clearly had not reviewed our application at all before we entered in. Asked my husband about his parents, about his clubs he belongs to? That was odd. And then asked for updates like photos, bills we pay together, proof we live together, etc. Also asked us how we met how we got engaged, our wedding, etc. It all went relatively smoothly. However, at the end, she just stated that she didnt see any red flags at the moment, but had to review further and we would get an answer within 3-4 weeks...

we were really disappointed as we have had some friends go through the NOLA office and were told IN the interview that they were approved. We just are dying to be done with this entire nightmare. So we're bummed and worried. Our status online as of the next day still states "interview complete and case must be reviewed." Will keep you posted. 

That's not odd but totally normal. They do ask these questions to see if your answers are consistent with your application. And to give you the chance to correct things if you made a mistake which happens all the time.

You'll get your approval soon. Sometimes it takes a couple of days. They actually have 120 days to give you an answer so even 3-4 weeks wouldn't be that bad but I'm sure it won't take that long.

Had my interview yesterday at New Orleans field office. 
Well, everything seemed smooth at the initial stage until she asked for evidence of a genuine union. My wife and I gave her joint tax, car insurance and photos.

Obviously, she wasn’t satisfied with what we gave her. She added we need to submit  more documents to be added to our file.

She said she’s going to mail us a letter on what we should bring. Super strange.

Case hasn’t updated yet. Still on “Interview scheduled”

Adjusting from K1 visa.

@Dianav1211 were you interviewed by a tall white lady? Seems we got same interviewer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dianav1211 said:

Hi all,

Hi all, newest update! "Card Being Produced" on April 9th! About 2.5 weeks after our interview! WOOHOO!

Timeline
On 4/12/2021 at 12:51 AM, Dianav1211 said:

Hi all, newest update! "Card Being Produced" on April 9th! About 2.5 weeks after our interview! WOOHOO!

Congratulations 🎉🎉

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 9:44 PM, Dutch_lee said:

Had my interview yesterday at New Orleans field office. 
Well, everything seemed smooth at the initial stage until she asked for evidence of a genuine union. My wife and I gave her joint tax, car insurance and photos.

Obviously, she wasn’t satisfied with what we gave her. She added we need to submit  more documents to be added to our file.

She said she’s going to mail us a letter on what we should bring. Super strange.

Case hasn’t updated yet. Still on “Interview scheduled”

Adjusting from K1 visa.

@Dianav1211 were you interviewed by a tall white lady? Seems we got same interviewer.

Hi

have you received the rfe and has your online status changed since your interview? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, HarryHerc said:

Im so happy to found this thread!!

Would anyone be kind enough to chat with me as my wife and I are about to file for my AOS and would love to get some answers on our questions. Please advise.

i would really appreciate this! We will be filling  next month. 

Go ahead and post your questions. I’ll answer what I can and others will probably chime in too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.