6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys, 

Was hoping someone would be able to help us. My fiance and I have essentially finished compiling our K-1 folder (couple odd things left to do), and were hoping to submit very soon - however, with this EO and the virus, it's thrown everything all over the place. I'm currently with him in USA on the ESTA (my flights have been cancelled so far), we're really considering getting married now and adjusting status, filing the relevant spousal visa paperwork. It's a terrifying reality going back home and being in all of these unknowns regarding immigration, in addition to not knowing when we'll even see each other again - hence our considering of getting married now. If anyone is able to offer some advice, that would be really helpful - we do plan on consulting a lawyer too.  

- I did post this in the coronavirus form (still learning this website so apologies if I broke some rules!!)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You can marry and adjust.   Just understand what is required of you

I think that's another concern, we have a lot of relationship proof but we do not have much proof outside of that ie, shared bank account (other than authorized users on each other's accounts), lease etc etc. Just worried about anything going wrong and it jeopardizing our future together. It's just not been the plan so I think that's stressing us out - being unfamiliar with this other process 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, eggybreadb78 said:

I think that's another concern, we have a lot of relationship proof but we do not have much proof outside of that ie, shared bank account (other than authorized users on each other's accounts), lease etc etc. Just worried about anything going wrong and it jeopardizing our future together. It's just not been the plan so I think that's stressing us out - being unfamiliar with this other process 

Relationship proof for a newlywed application is easy.  You have time to gather commingled evidence in prep for the interview 

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Relationship proof for a newlywed application is easy.  You have time to gather commingled evidence in prep for the interview 

Oh okay, I think I was under the impression that everything had to be readily available as proof - like for the K-1 folder. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, eggybreadb78 said:

Oh okay, I think I was under the impression that everything had to be readily available as proof - like for the K-1 folder. 

There are plenty of people who think the petition/application takes weeks of preparation and should be 1000 pages in length.  Simply not so.  Just read the form instructions carefully,  interpret the instructions literally and everything should be understandable.  Don't overthink 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.