MarlinCobon

Form 1040/W2

15 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

hello everyone!

I done uploaded all of our documents on CEAC, the thing is I uploaded form 1040 along with my w2s and the joint sponsors as well. I have seen on the forums that NVC prefers the IRS transcript and that some people have been rejected because they uploaded form 1040 (not sure if they uploaded W2s along with form 1040). Has anyone here gotten approved with only the 1040 form and W2s? thanks in advance!

It is why they always recommend sending tax transcripts. You already sent them in so just wait for them to be processed. 

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

You can upload your tax transcripts under additional documents. Just write on the comment section to use tax transcripts for review. I made a mistake by uploading wrong year of transcript. I called NVC and the rep told me I could do this. Especially if you just uploaded all your documents, you dont wanna keep doing this because it does send you to the back of the line. 

Edited by Ncornejo7

Timeline
9 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

You can upload your tax transcripts under additional documents. Just write on the comment section to use tax transcripts for review. I made a mistake by uploading wrong year of transcript. I called NVC and the rep told me I could do this. Especially if you just uploaded all your documents, you dont wanna keep doing this because it does send you to the back of the line. 

transcripts are not available since IRS is not doing mailing anymore due to the pandemic and my sponsor nor I qualify to get them online. so I just wanted to know about people who uploaded their form 1040 and W2s and got approved. thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 4/17/2020 at 2:42 PM, MarlinCobon said:

transcripts are not available since IRS is not doing mailing anymore due to the pandemic and my sponsor nor I qualify to get them online. so I just wanted to know about people who uploaded their form 1040 and W2s and got approved. thank you!

My joint sponsor and I also don't qualify for the online Transcripts so I've asked this question to see if other people have been successful with just 1040s and W2s and no one replies. Hopefully you get some.

Edited by OrihimeandIchigo

5 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

My joint sponsor and I also don't qualify for the online Transcripts so I've asked this question to see if other people have been successful with just 1040s and W2s and no one replies. Hopefully you get some.

Why dont you qualify?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Why dont you qualify?

Because not everyone has:

• personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
  • A USA phone number with your name on the account 
  • Technical errors as in name changes recently 
  • Change of address recently 
  • Many more

3 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Because not everyone has:

• personal account number from a credit card, mortgage, home equity loan, home equity line of credit or car loan, and
  • A USA phone number with your name on the account 
  • Technical errors as in name changes recently 
  • Change of address recently 
  • Many more

I understand. Have you tried calling and have them mail them to an address in the US? If I only had access to a 1040 then I would write on the comment section reason for submitting 1040 form and not tax transcript.

Timeline
13 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

have you submitted your documents?

I can't see why you can't upload 1040. NVC need file size to under 2MB, often 1040's scanned would exceed this limit, but you can compress. If you can't get a transcript by mail you have two options available to you. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tesco said:

I can't see why you can't upload 1040. NVC need file size to under 2MB, often 1040's scanned would exceed this limit, but you can compress. If you can't get a transcript by mail you have two options available to you. 

What two options are there? We can't access our Transcripts online. Only by mail which they aren't sending right now.

If its submitting it to the NVC with only 1040 and W2s we know this is a option. And I appreciate the response and the help. But from so many posts I've read I've seen where the person had previously submitted 1040s and they were requested months later to submit Transcripts anyways. So we're anxious about this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.