6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Good day everyone. My Spouse just got approved for her Advance Parole and EAD at same time but when she came to the U.S with her K1 Visa, we leaved our kids back at her home country with her grand parents and Sisters. We still have the I-485 (Adjustment of Permanent Residence) pending waiting for approval. Our kids are not feeling to well and we plan on bringing them to join us as soon as things get better. But my question is, can my Spouse who came into the U.S with a K1 Fiance visa, now married and her Advance Parole Approved. Can she travel back to her home country (Cameroon) using her Country Valid Passport and Advance Parole while her I-485 is still pending and will she be question or face difficulties when re-entry the U.S. Thank you 

Edited by kaysha101

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kaysha101 said:

Good day everyone. My Spouse just got approved for her Advance Parole and EAD at same time but when she came to the U.S with her K1 Visa, we leaved our kids back at her home country with her grand parents and Sisters. We still have the I-485 (Adjustment of Permanent Residence) pending waiting for approval. Our kids are not feeling to well and we plan on bringing them to join us as soon as things get better. But my question is, can my Spouse who came into the U.S with a K1 Fiance visa, now married and her Advance Parole Approved. Can she travel back to her home country (Cameroon) using her Country Valid Passport and Advance Parole while her I-485 is still pending and will she be question or face difficulties when re-entry the U.S. Thank you 

That is the primary purpose of advance parole is to allow the parolee the ability to travel internationally.   Be aware that for a k2, the visas must be ISSUED within one year of the k1s issuance

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That is the primary purpose of advance parole is to allow the parolee the ability to travel internationally.   Be aware that for a k2, the visas must be ISSUED within one year of the k1s issuance

Thank you so much for this information..Yes for the K2 we just made the kids passport and getting ready to apply for the kids DS-160 to the embassy for K2 Visa approval. Just hope after the Visa is issued it can least up to 6months before the kids can travel

Edited by kaysha101
Error spelling

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, kaysha101 said:

Thank you so much for this information..Yes for the K2 we just made the kids passport and getting ready to apply for the kids DS-160 to the embassy for K2 Visa approval. Just hope after the Visa is issued it can least up to 6months before the kids can travel

Visa validity is 6 months from the date of the medical,  same as every other visa

YMMV

Timeline
36 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Visa validity is 6 months from the date of the medical,  same as every other visa

Great, that just perfect..Thank you again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Working and traveling, from K1 P&P - as the topic is about Traveling~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.