hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, RP26 said:

Waiver_Seeker, Hi, Did you tried for the Expedite processing ?

No, cases such as mine cannot be expedited. You can only request for expedited service for IGA and hardship cases.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:31 PM, CaptainHaddock said:

Hey guys, wanted some guidance on the typical timeline for the case to show up online, as I still don't see my case reflected on the J1 status website.

Application submitted on: Apr 30, 2021
Check cashed: May 5, 2021
Embassy NOS sent: May 15, 2021

The status still shows nothing for my case number. Is this wait typical? I emailed DOS, and got an auto-reply that it takes 8-12 weeks for it to show up. It's now the 14th week for me. Any ideas on what can be done?

Thank you!

Given my application has not yet even been reflected. I am guessing I should resend the documents with the same case number. What do you all think?
I have emailed them asking for an update on Jul 24th and still waiting for a reply.

29 minutes ago, CaptainHaddock said:

Given my application has not yet even been reflected. I am guessing I should resend the documents with the same case number. What do you all think?
I have emailed them asking for an update on Jul 24th and still waiting for a reply.

FYI it took my case over 9 weeks for it to show up online. I think you just need to wait. They told me it takes up to 12 weeks to show up online. Then another 12-16 weeks of processing before the favorable recommendation. 
You can try to email them if it's been 12 weeks since you mailed it with proof of delivery and copies of the documents.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Timeline
8 hours ago, CaptainHaddock said:

I understand your  worries, Captain. But don't worry  too much; your application will be updated this month and it will show they were received in  late June or early July. If you emailed them on July 24th, they will reply you next week or  so. Sometimes, they don't reply until they have posted your docs. But I am sure that since your  check has been cashed, you will be good. Also you can write them again if after 20 days, you have not received any direct replies from a previous mail you sent.  Just be checking at the end of each day to see if they have updated on the platform.  Waiting is the name of the game.

Hi guys,

Application submitted on: June 28th, 2021
Check cashed: June 30th, 2021
Embassy NOS sent: June 28th, 2021

Still no updates online, but reading everyone's timeline it looks like I just have to be patient. 

Have anyone applied for AOS while waiting for the J1 waiver and knows how that works? Or would it be better to wait for the waiver to be done first? 

Timeline

Got news of a favorable recommendation today from DoS. The entire process took me less than 3 months from filing to favorable response; and less than two months from when DoS reflected my forms online to when it favorably recommended.  Wishing you all success and good luck. 

image.png

1 hour ago, Waiver_Seeker said:

Got news of a favorable recommendation today from DoS. The entire process took me less than 3 months from filing to favorable response; and less than two months from when DoS reflected my forms online to when it favorably recommended.  Wishing you all success and good luck. 

image.png

Great! They received my documents in the same day as yours.. I might be close too.

On 8/18/2021 at 4:26 PM, Waiver_Seeker said:

image.png

Congrats! I got my FR 3 days before you. Let's keep in touch about the letter from DoS and Form I-612 USCIS. 

Have you received anything?

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

I got up on Friday morning and saw that I got a Favorable Recommendation. I am so glad that this leg of my  journey is over. My situation is unique. I started AOSthrough marriage  and discovered that the J2 visa I received through my previous marriage had to be waived. I discovered this forum and it was a life saver in so many ways. After applying for a no objection and being advised I was ineligible on that basis and being advised that the DOS would act as IGA for a ex spouse of a J1 visa holder. I resubmitted my waiver request asking DOS to act as my IGA. I got my FR. I know await my I797 from USCIS. This process is an exercise in patience. Do not be dishearten. You will get through. All the best. I will update you when I get my notices from USCIS. This forum help to keep my sanity. 30247858_IMG_0295-Copy.thumb.PNG.391e3b9f13a98a72f010aa3d45651a8f.PNG

On 8/9/2021 at 5:43 PM, CaptainHaddock said:

Hi,

i’m in the same situation nothing on online portal. But i have submitted end of May. Have you submitted advisory opinion? 
because i did, and j waiver case timeline appears there.

On 8/4/2021 at 2:31 PM, CaptainHaddock said:

Hey guys, wanted some guidance on the typical timeline for the case to show up online, as I still don't see my case reflected on the J1 status website.

Application submitted on: Apr 30, 2021
Check cashed: May 5, 2021
Embassy NOS sent: May 15, 2021

The status still shows nothing for my case number. Is this wait typical? I emailed DOS, and got an auto-reply that it takes 8-12 weeks for it to show up. It's now the 14th week for me. Any ideas on what can be done?

Thank you!

I still see a blank status page when I put in my case number and also still no reply on the email I sent on July 24th. It’s almost been 4 months since I submitted. Any ideas on what I can do next? It feels like they lost the application.

6CD95BEE-5928-4262-A92A-FDC9A7508500.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.