hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, J1student said:

Here is my timeline

* application sent to department of state on March 16th 2020 received March 18th

* forms + fee updated as received on May 4th. (the actual website update happened around a week after the 4th actually)

* website does not show the passport data page received, some other people reported the same

* embassy sent NOS on May 16th, and got receipt that department of state received NOS on May 22nd.

Now almost 5 weeks later, the website still doesn't show NOS as received. So I'm still waiting...

Spoke too soon, the website was update today with the NOS receipt. Here is the timeline:

j1waiverstatus0630.png

27 minutes ago, J1student said:

Spoke too soon, the website was update today with the NOS receipt. Here is the timeline:

j1waiverstatus0630.png

Contrats! I checked mine, NOS still not updated :(( My time line- Sent documents to St Louis  March 18, Received on DOS: May 22, NOS sent from embassy to DOS- April 4, RE-sent- June15. Still not received on DOS website.

Also I have a question, we sent documents on same day but yours got updated before mine. I noticed in my case they updated my application on old case number on which I took advisory opinion last year. would it be a reason for delay?

3 minutes ago, PRIG said:

Also I have a question, we sent documents on same day but yours got updated before mine. I noticed in my case they updated my application on old case number on which I took advisory opinion last year. would it be a reason for delay?

Not sure. I had no case with state department before. 

We sent my application with overnight shipping on March 16th and it was received March 18th. Do you know when DOS received your application? 

2 minutes ago, J1student said:

Not sure. I had no case with state department before. 

We sent my application with overnight shipping on March 16th and it was received March 18th. Do you know when DOS received your application? 

Got you. I sent on March 18th (UPS) -> Delivered to St. Louis drop box on March 20 -> Cheque (Fees) cashed from bank March 23. I don't know when miracle will happen in my case. Thanks for updating. Please keep posting with further updates and so do I will. 

Question (Please advice)  I have two issues with respect to my stage 3 application process: 

1.  I changed my residential address during NORI processing and put new address on DS3035 (Stage 3) but my embassy has generated NOS still having my old address. Will it affect processing time of my application? delay? Do I need to notify DOS regarding change of address immediately even though my application is still pendingI . 

2. I forgot to mention case no. of advisory opinion on new DS3035 application. After waiting for >2 month DOS acknowledged my case no. on website BUT with old advisory opinion case no. NOS is still not updated (> 1 month). NOS sent to me by embassy has my old address. Does anyone have idea if change of address will impact processing of my application?

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, Chemres108 said:

Has anyone submitted J1 waiver to DOS in June/July? Mine has been received (based on USPS tracking) on June 29 and NOS send from Embassy on July 5. Still no update on DOS website. Can anyone  share their experience? 

Timeline here:

Application sent on July 10th

Received on July 14th

NOS letter sent by embassy on Jul 31st

No update yet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chemres108 said:

Hi Shib, thanks for sharing your timeline. When did you send the documents to DOS? Mine has been send to them on June 29 and still it is showing no information on the DOS website.

Hi I applied on 23rd of March 2020. It reached by UPS on March 25, check was cashed on 2nd April. but it took almost 8 weeks to update my info. My NOC reached DOS on May 11th. Took them 1 month to update that. Interestingly my passport page gpt update in the list on July 21. It was not being displayed before.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Shib

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi I did not get the letter from DOS yet. However, I had emailed them before the decision came, to know about my status, and they replied me saying that that my case has a favorable recommendation and was electronically sent to USCIS and is not under their jurisdiction any more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.