hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, PRIG said:

Hi guys, is there anyone in this forum who has sent their J1 waiver stage III documents to Saint Louis on 17 -18th March 2020 or later and got your case no. activated (showing documents received) on DOS website (https://j1visawaiverstatus.state.gov/)? Mine is still NOT activated yet and is past 11 weeks now. Just curious to know if someone else having similar situation might give me some idea. It is getting very frustating. DOS is not responding to my emails or phone. I would really appreciate your responses, comments or any suggestions. Thank you!

PriG

( have been 3 months delay cuz covid19) finally I  got good news from DOS last week I got all update. I hope all you guy good luck.

Edited by yala2010

3 minutes ago, yala2010 said:

( have been 3 months delay cuz covid19) finally I  got good news from DOS last week I got all update. I hope all you guy good luck.

congratulations. So happy for you. Can you post a tentative timeline of your application? It will help us to get some estimate for our applications. Thank you in advance.   

1 minute ago, yala2010 said:

Yes I just got email from DOS last week on June 08,2020 everything going well and on june17,2020 I just got my recomenddation  everything is ok on my case I very happy 

Hello everyone I just want to tell you something every case you filed to DOS this time little bit delay because of covid19 I if your case no update yet don't be scare or worry just nomal ok

My case delay 3 months but after DOS update they will process your case very fast. You just to sit back and relax ( even your visa expired ) my visa expired 3 years ago but my case still got approved just don't be scare ok 

Thank you guy 

6 minutes ago, yala2010 said:

Yes I just got email from DOS last week on June 08,2020 everything going well and on june17,2020 I just got my recomenddation  everything is ok on my case I very happy 

That's so nice Yala.Congratulation!  My case no. finally got updated after long long wait on MAY 22, 2020 but still NOS is not updated yet (past >25 days). I contacted DOS but no response so far. Could you please post your case time line, it might help us to give some idea.  Thanks

Hi guys, is there anyone in this forum who has sent their J1 waiver stage III documents to Saint Louis on 17 -18th March 2020 or later and got your case no. activated (showing documents received) on DOS website (https://j1visawaiverstatus.state.gov/)? Mine is still NOT activated yet and is past 11 weeks now. Just curious to know if someone else having similar situation might give me some idea. It is getting very frustating. DOS is not responding to my emails or phone. I would really appreciate your responses, comments or any suggestions. Thank you!

PriG

Hi Prig I just got email from DOS last week(June08,2020) and I got update on DOS system they got all my document now and got good recommendation yesterday (June17,2020)everything going fast I am very happy now. I want to tell you all guy this time will getting delay cuz of covid19 so don't be worry took around 3 months DOS will update it.

I hope all you guy good luck.

Yala2010

On 5/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, yala2010 said:

Hi PRIG if you have any update pls let me know 

Thank you

On 6/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, PRIG said:

Hello Yala,

Just following up.. Has your case o. updated on DOS ? 

PriG

About five of us on another forum have had no update in the DoS system for 12 weeks following the issuance of our NOS on the same date from the same embassy. Needless to say, the situation has been terrible for many of us. We have petitioned our congressmen and congresswomen with sporadic and unhelpful DOS responses... Do you guys believe waivers are processed by DS2019 expiration dates?

Edited by teapot2020
typo

On 6/26/2020 at 8:23 PM, teapot2020 said:

About five of us on another forum have had no update in the DoS system for 12 weeks following the issuance of our NOS on the same date from the same embassy. Needless to say, the situation has been terrible for many of us. We have petitioned our congressmen and congresswomen with sporadic and unhelpful DOS responses... Do you guys believe waivers are processed by DS2019 expiration dates?

Hey, same situation. My NOS is yet not updated/ acknowledged on DOS website more than a month now. Have you contacted your state congressmen? is it helpful?  Please share your experience. My J1 is ending soon and unresponsive attitute of DOS is just so terrible.

49 minutes ago, PRIG said:

Hey, same situation. My NOS is yet not updated/ acknowledged on DOS website more than a month now. Have you contacted your state congressmen? is it helpful?  Please share your experience. My J1 is ending soon and unresponsive attitute of DOS is just so terrible.

Hi, ours was submitted THREE months ago and our embassy has reassured us that even digital copies were forwarded to DoS. DoS has been extremely irresponsive and when it does respond, unhelpful: courteously addressing us as doctors, it then goes on to treat us like idiots by reporting on what we can all read on its website.

I have contacted my congresswoman -- DoS played the same denial trick. My amazing congresswoman's office advocated further for me and demanded explanation -- DoS simply stopped responding.

Something is Rotten in the Department of State.

Please do not forget to lodge your complaint -- whoever has done such a terrible job deserves disciplinary action.

By the way, I am aware of LOTS of cases that take more than a month to acknowledge NOS so luck may still be on your side.

Edited by teapot2020
Adding a few sentences.

10 minutes ago, teapot2020 said:

Hi, ours was submitted THREE months ago and our embassy has reassured us that even digital copies were forwarded to DoS. DoS has been extremely irresponsive and when it does respond, unhelpful: courteously addressing us as doctors, it then goes on to treat us like idiots by reporting on what we can all read on its website.

I have contacted my congresswoman -- DoS played the same denial trick. My amazing congresswoman's office advocated further for me and demanded explanation -- DoS simply stopped responding.

Something is Rotten in the Department of State.

Please do not forget to lodge your complaint -- whoever has done such a terrible job deserves disciplinary action.

By the way, I am aware of LOTS of cases that take more than a month to acknowledge NOS so luck may still be on your side.

I understand. actually mine was super slow too. They updated my case no. after 3 months after receiving documents in St. Louis. My embassy sent NOS on APRIL4. and my case no. got updated MAY 22. Since then they haven't updated NOS. although embassy has also re-sent the NOS but still no update :((

Edited by PRIG
grammar

20 minutes ago, PRIG said:

I understand. actually mine was super slow too. They updated my case no. after 3 months after receiving documents in St. Louis. My embassy sent NOS on APRIL4. and my case no. got updated MAY 22. Since then they haven't updated NOS. although embassy has also re-sent the NOS but still no update :((

I hear you. Shame on these people who have no care and concern for us.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:31 AM, PRIG said:

PriG

I also mailed my docs to St Louis on 16th March 2020. When checking my status online it says that there is no information regarding the status of my case. 

34 minutes ago, reisrag said:

I also mailed my docs to St Louis on 16th March 2020. When checking my status online it says that there is no information regarding the status of my case. 

Hey, sorry to know that. mine case no. got updated but NOS is still not received though it's already been sent by my embassy 2 months ago. Hope your case get updated soon. Please keep posting as it updates. Thanks

13 minutes ago, PRIG said:

Hey, sorry to know that. mine case no. got updated but NOS is still not received though it's already been sent by my embassy 2 months ago. Hope your case get updated soon. Please keep posting as it updates. Thanks

Hey, when did your case no. got updated? was it recently? I was just wondering if i should send my application package to St louis again. Thank you!

Edited by reisrag

4 hours ago, reisrag said:

Hey, when did your case no. got updated? was it recently? I was just wondering if i should send my application package to St louis again. Thank you!

Here is my timeline

* application sent to department of state on March 16th 2020 received March 18th

* forms + fee updated as received on May 4th. (the actual website update happened around a week after the 4th actually)

* website does not show the passport data page received, some other people reported the same

* embassy sent NOS on May 16th, and got receipt that department of state received NOS on May 22nd.

Now almost 5 weeks later, the website still doesn't show NOS as received. So I'm still waiting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.