Jujusmom

Philippine Passport Renewal (Chicago, IL) Help

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I’m planning to renew my passport which will expire on July 2021 this month of March. I know it’s still more than a year of validity but I’m also renewing it to change my maiden name to my married name. 

I received our ROM Certificate a few days ago which I know is a requirement to change to my married name. 

I also just had my biometrics yesterday for my AOS. However, I don’t have any valid ID on my married name and for my maiden name I only have my passport. I have my PRC license but for some reason I can’t find it. 

Any advise? Can I use my current passport as a valid ID and also the Biometrics appointment notice as a proof that I haven’t applied for citizenship (on the website they said it can be green card or alien resident certificate)?  

EDIT: Just found my PRC license 😅

Edited by Jujusmom

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Hi everyone! I’m planning to renew my passport which will expire on July 2021 this month of March. I know it’s still more than a year of validity but I’m also renewing it to change my maiden name to my married name. 

I received our ROM Certificate a few days ago which I know is a requirement to change to my married name. 

I also just had my biometrics yesterday for my AOS. However, I don’t have any valid ID on my married name and for my maiden name I only have my passport. I have my PRC license but for some reason I can’t find it. 

Any advise? Can I use my current passport as a valid ID and also the Biometrics appointment notice as a proof that I haven’t applied for citizenship (on the website they said it can be green card or alien resident certificate)?  

EDIT: Just found my PRC license 😅

Yes you can use your passport as ID.    Use a copy of your AOS NOA1 as evidence that you haven't applied for citizenship.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 3/5/2020 at 7:20 AM, xyz12345 said:

I'm assuming that that the biometrics appointment should be fine since the case type and date are written on it. It also does not hurt to bring the AOS Receipt Notice with you.

Hi! I’m gonna bring the Notice Receipt and the Biometrics Appointment with the stamp. Thanks! 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:24 AM, Hank_ said:

Yes you can use your passport as ID.    Use a copy of your AOS NOA1 as evidence that you haven't applied for citizenship.

Thanks, Hank! Also I have another question to be sure, this sounds stupid but the ROM Certificate is the same form I filled out and sent to them right? It came back with registry number and other details on the bottom part and bears the signature of the consul in Chicago. 

I just wanna be super sure because my husband and I are traveling for 4 hours for it lol 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Thanks, Hank! Also I have another question to be sure, this sounds stupid but the ROM Certificate is the same form I filled out and sent to them right? It came back with registry number and other details on the bottom part and bears the signature of the consul in Chicago. 

I just wanna be super sure because my husband and I are traveling for 4 hours for it lol 

Yes, you are correct 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Yes, the ROM Certificate you completed IS what is recorded with PSA  .. sort of disappointing.   :lol:    

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 3/8/2020 at 9:05 AM, Hank_ said:

Yes, the ROM Certificate you completed IS what is recorded with PSA  .. sort of disappointing.   :lol:    

Haha yeah I was actually expecting for a certificate looking document but got the same form I sent lol but that’s ok as long as it’s the ROM certificate already. 

Thank you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.