LaLaRI

ROM - CA

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we will finally have our interview for the GC tomorrow! Yay! Question I have is do we have to complete the ROM FirSt? Or it can wait? We were thinking of doing a small intimate wedding with my hubby’s family  next year. I tried asking under the AOS forum but I just got looked over lol. 

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

So we will finally have our interview for the GC tomorrow! Yay! Question I have is do we have to complete the ROM FirSt? Or it can wait? We were thinking of doing a small intimate wedding with my hubby’s family  next year. I tried asking under the AOS forum but I just got looked over lol. 

thanks!

ROM is a Philippines requirement not a USA requirement.   

There is no reason to wait to do the ROM as you are already married.   You have one year to report before they make you jump through additional hoops

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

thanks!

ROM can wait.   Besides for ROM the Philippine consulate wants a copy of the green card ... so waiting is good.  ;)  

Wedding?  You're already married.    You mean a renewal of vows .. and a party :)

Well, outside the Philippines other countries don't have a clue regarding ROM.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, payxibka said:

ROM is a Philippines requirement not a USA requirement.   

There is no reason to wait to do the ROM as you are already married.   You have one year to report before they make you jump through additional hoops

31 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

ROM can wait.   Besides for ROM the Philippine consulate wants a copy of the green card ... so waiting is good.  ;)  

Wedding?  You're already married.    You mean a renewal of vows .. and a party :)

Well, outside the Philippines other countries don't have a clue regarding ROM.

Hahaha okay good to know

yess EXACTLY HANK_ another reason to plan a party lol 

thank you!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, LaLaRI said:

Hahaha okay good to know

yess EXACTLY HANK_ another reason to plan a party lol 

thank you!

I meant to say for renewal of the passport the consulate wants a copy of your GC ... not ROM.   Just the same no issue waiting .. my wife filed ROM 10 months after getting married.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, noypi321 said:

Is it possible to do the renewal without the green card?

You can.  My wife did ROM 7 months BEFORE her green card and renewed her passport to her married name 5 months BEFORE her green card.  This was our experience with the Chicago consulate 

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, noypi321 said:

Is it possible to do the renewal without the green card?

Yes.   You can use a copy of you NOA from AOS showing you have applied for your green card. 

What the embassy/consulate is attempting to verify is that you have not obtained a foreign citizenship 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 hours ago, Hank_ said:

my wife filed ROM 10 months after getting married.

LOL We did ours two days, on a Sunday,  after getting married while in Hong Kong at the Consulate.   Boy was that place crowded.

OP:  Just file the ROM as soon as you can.  You can do a new passport then too but you need two appointments.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.