FloydNIN_90

Native language document?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I am filling out the i 130 petition for my spouse.

One of the documents asked for in the beneficiary section says something like "provide a document on the beneficiary's native language, if it doesn't use roman letters it must include address...."

Does this question only apply to non-roman alphabet languages?

My spouse's native language is french. Should I submit a document in french with her name and address? (This is what I plan on doing to not leave the section blank)

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, kris&me said:

that section is to be filled out as said "in her native language "   french in this case

NO.  This is dead wrong.  The section does not use the word language.  French uses the Roman Alphabet, so this section is Not Applicable in this case.

Read carefully, interpret LITERALLY, and answer accurately.  Do not put your own words or misinterpretations into the process.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
21 minutes ago, FloydNIN_90 said:

Hi, I am filling out the i 130 petition for my spouse.

One of the documents asked for in the beneficiary section says something like "provide a document on the beneficiary's native language, if it doesn't use roman letters it must include address...."

Does this question only apply to non-roman alphabet languages?

Yes, to the question in bold above.  The section is not applicable in your case.  Chinese, Russian, Arabic, etc. is where this applies.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
3 minutes ago, FloydNIN_90 said:

Ok great its as I thought then; It is not applicable to us. The question says "written language" though. Still believe this question will not apply to us but wanted to share in case:

124195390_ScreenShot2020-03-02at2_40_54PM.jpg.41f66e3dc84e43f1a2941a7c1c9608ac.jpg

...does not use Roman letters.  The older versions of this section used the word "alphabet" instead of "letters".  "Letters" is the keyword, not "language".  English is communicated in complete sentences.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.