6 posts in this topic

I was searching on this forum about this information and didn’t find anything so I want to shortly tell you about my experience about this type of case because even my lawyer didn’t had any type of information about this situation. 

I am talking about IR2 Visa Category (U.S citizen filling for child under 21) as you know sometimes Visa process mostly gets stuck at NVC or even USCIS and this info probably will be helpful for this category to expedite their case.

If your children are  17 years old and they are about to turn 18 , they can’t use U.S citizenship act of 2000 benefits When they enter united states ,This means that they lose chance to derive citizenship from you when they enter united states.(they will get green card and will naturalize after 5 years) but you can help to change this situation for your good + win some time on NVC stage with expedite. If your child will turn 18 years old in 3 month (120 days) you can fill expedite request in NVC and you will get accepted.   This means your case will be Immediately sent to U.S embassy without NVC reviews ( you will win about 3-4 month of NVC stage) and you will get your interview date really soon. But you should have paperwork (documents ready)for  the interview . After your interview your child(en) can enter united states and they will get green card and derive citizenship without waiting 5 years...

p.s I’m not sure if you can expedite your case from uscis stage but I’m definitely sure that you can expedite your case from NVC stage.

You should be biological parent and must be U.S citizen by birth or Naturalization

Information about child citizenship act of 2000

:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/adopt_ref/adoption-FAQs/child-citizenship-act-of-2000.html

I hope this information will help some kind of categories, good luck and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer.

Filed: Timeline
On 2/25/2020 at 7:15 PM, dattstar said:

I was searching on this forum about this information and didn’t find anything so I want to shortly tell you about my experience about this type of case because even my lawyer didn’t had any type of information about this situation. 

I am talking about IR2 Visa Category (U.S citizen filling for child under 21) as you know sometimes Visa process mostly gets stuck at NVC or even USCIS and this info probably will be helpful for this category to expedite their case.

If your children are  17 years old and they are about to turn 18 , they can’t use U.S citizenship act of 2000 benefits When they enter united states ,This means that they lose chance to derive citizenship from you when they enter united states.(they will get green card and will naturalize after 5 years) but you can help to change this situation for your good + win some time on NVC stage with expedite. If your child will turn 18 years old in 3 month (120 days) you can fill expedite request in NVC and you will get accepted.   This means your case will be Immediately sent to U.S embassy without NVC reviews ( you will win about 3-4 month of NVC stage) and you will get your interview date really soon. But you should have paperwork (documents ready)for  the interview . After your interview your child(en) can enter united states and they will get green card and derive citizenship without waiting 5 years...

p.s I’m not sure if you can expedite your case from uscis stage but I’m definitely sure that you can expedite your case from NVC stage.

You should be biological parent and must be U.S citizen by birth or Naturalization

Information about child citizenship act of 2000

:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/Intercountry-Adoption/adopt_ref/adoption-FAQs/child-citizenship-act-of-2000.html

I hope this information will help some kind of categories, good luck and if you have any questions I will be happy to answer.

An expedite for this type of case is not automatic.  It frequently depends on the current case load of the interviewing Embassy.

2 minutes ago, jan22 said:

An expedite for this type of case is not automatic.  It frequently depends on the current case load of the interviewing Embassy.

My case was expedited automatically on the first day NVC received it. I didn’t even asked for it because I didn’t even know about this law and + it was really low time left before turning 18 (5-6days) and there was no chance I would make it in time. but they messaged me that their indicator shows that  beneficiary is turning  18 soon and in this case he can’t use citizenship act benefit and they expedited my case immediately .  so it’s pretty much happens by it self. but I’m not sure if you can expedite from USCIS in this type of case. but I guess it’s possible...

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, dattstar said:

My case was expedited automatically on the first day NVC received it. I didn’t even asked for it because I didn’t even know about this law and + it was really low time left before turning 18 (5-6days) and there was no chance I would make it in time. but they messaged me that their indicator shows that  beneficiary is turning  18 soon and in this case he can’t use citizenship act benefit and they expedited my case immediately .  so it’s pretty much happens by it self. but I’m not sure if you can expedite from USCIS in this type of case. but I guess it’s possible...

Again, it depends on where the interview will occur.  It is NOT guaranteed, as some Embassies have huge case loads and backlogs that make automatically expediting specific categories pretty much impossible.  Glad it worked out for you, but people should not assume this will happen in their case.  

yes but it’s worth to try ... nothing negative will happen + every expedite request accepted by nvc should be accepted by Embassy too I know that... the main point here is that NVC stage can be delayed most of the times and people can use this as their advantage on this category , even visa is not guaranteed until granted by officer . No one says that it’s gonna work 100% it’s just my experience. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.