gino.macapugay

Rejected Police Certificate?

6 posts in this topic

My sister and I both took our local police clearance, NBI clearance, and the baranggay clearance 1 week apart from eachother for NVC documents last December 2019. Her documents was good but mine was rejected stating :

Please replace this with an acceptable police certificate from a correct issuing authority. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines

We are both above 16 now, born and lived in PH.  I believe I followed the instructions correctly regarding the documents or did I miss something? My guess is that a portion of my NBI clearance was cutoff(see attached image). My mom insists that maybe the documents were invalid, for some unknown reason, and that I should just retake all of the clearances again but wouldn't it be a waste of time and money since I literally took them last 2019 in December on days 15-28. Any I idea why it was rejected?

barrangay.jpg
nbi.jpg
police.jpg

EDIT:
Think I just found out why:

Untitled.png

I maybe wrong still, if you guys think there's another problem other than this please reply down below.

Edited by gino.macapugay
clarification

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only the NBI is needed, not local police clearances.   And it must be complete, so yes I believe you found the issue .. it was incomplete.   Scanned as a legal size document.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, gino.macapugay said:

I was not aware of that. My sister got hers approved though with all these three there but I supposed I should just go upload the NBI only instead. Thanks for the heads up!

Your sister's NBI was scanned completing then.    NVC didn't care one way or the other about the local police & Barangay clearances.

If you ... AND you... THEN submit a police certificate from...
Are 16 years old or older Lived in your country of nationality for more than 6 months at any time in your life Your country of nationality  (this is the NBI)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

17 minutes ago, gino.macapugay said:

I was not aware of that. My sister got hers approved though with all these three there but I supposed I should just go upload the NBI only instead. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah this is common misconception in the Philippines. But only the NBI clearance is needed or wanted by the USEM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.