Empressdivine

Jamaica police record

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Onelove1977 said:

Regarding #4:

4.      If the police record is for overseas/travelling purposes, a VALID passport must be presented. 

Does he need a passport to get his police record for the K1? Or is a national ID ok? 

He needs to present a passport.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Onelove1977 said:

Regarding #4:

4.      If the police record is for overseas/travelling purposes, a VALID passport must be presented. 

Does he need a passport to get his police record for the K1? Or is a national ID ok? 

He needs a passport. Does he not have a passport? Because he can't get a visa without the passport either. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline
7 hours ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

Hi!  With the recent announcement that the Embassy is preparing for doing K1 interviews again, I need to know how to get the criminal record done.  

My fiance is in Montego Bay - so can you tell me if he will need to go to the Summit Police Station to collect that (after paying at the Tax office) and which days it's open (if there are only certain days)? 

Your fiance is in Mobay he can call Summit and ask. Things might have changed with COVID. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Thegirl said:

He needs a passport. Does he not have a passport? Because he can't get a visa without the passport either. 

He's in the process of getting his passport and the other documents he needs. I guess he'll need to wait til his passport comes back to apply for the police record. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Onelove1977 said:

He's in the process of getting his passport and the other documents he needs. I guess he'll need to wait til his passport comes back to apply for the police record. 

Yep. Has the case been sent to the embassy yet? What stage are you in the process? 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Onelove1977 said:

If they don't have a passport yet, you likely haven't even began the process of application yet - because you must have a passport to even submit the petition.  

That's what held up our petition for nearly a year - getting his passport.

Good luck!

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Thegirl said:

Yep. Has the case been sent to the embassy yet? What stage are you in the process? 

Our case just got to the embassy on Monday. 

28 minutes ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

If they don't have a passport yet, you likely haven't even began the process of application yet - because you must have a passport to even submit the petition.  

That's what held up our petition for nearly a year - getting his passport.

Good luck!

Our case arrived at the Embassy on Monday. The petition has already been approved. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Onelove1977 said:

Our case arrived at the Embassy on Monday. The petition has already been approved. 

Well that's interesting...  If I had known that you could file a K1 petition WITHOUT a passport - we would've had our approval more than a year ago..  We had to wait to file with USCIS until he had a valid passport.

Timeline
1 hour ago, GinaCarterWebster said:

Well that's interesting...  If I had known that you could file a K1 petition WITHOUT a passport - we would've had our approval more than a year ago..  We had to wait to file with USCIS until he had a valid passport.

Don't need a passport to start. Need the passport at the ds-160 stage

Timeline
3 hours ago, Onelove1977 said:

Okay, well yes the passport is crucial for everything else. So once he gets that then everything else will fall into place. Plan to get the fastest option for the police certificate. 

Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, GinaCarterWebster said:

He needs to present a passport.

The record is for travel so walk with passport n ID on the form they will ask to fill in ur passport information

• 10 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.